BootsnAll Travel Network



Asia!!!

Well, I have technically been to a new continent without leaving Egypt.  After looking at the guides I use for such mundane geography topics, I officially entered Asia for the first time while visiting Sinai.  Peggy and I started to discuss this possibility a few days ago guessing that the Red Sea might be used for geography purposes to separate Africa from Asia.  This has been confirmed to be correct.  Since I am struggling a lot to get to Asia, I guess this is a good first step although it is hardly what one considers as Asia!  My struggle with getting out of the America/Africa circle will be continued into 2008 even though I had just committed to being in Asia for most of 2008 starting in January.  My plans to Central Africa Republic in January to run around with the pygmies in the deep forest for a couple of weeks seemed to be dead due to schedule and visa issues, but this changed recently and I am back with that plan.  After more time in Africa (West Africa this time), I may do the Caribbean which will further mess up the plans or I may head straight to India.  Something I have to think about soon, but for now I would like to keep my head in Africa or at least the fourth largest island in the world which is possibly more Asian than African yet is part of the Africa continent.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *