BootsnAll Travel Network



Cintsa and relaxation

November 30th
Bazbus has certain stops that are required sleeps: Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Jo’berg and Swaziland. So here is am at Kings Beach Backpackers for about 8hrs.

Kings Beach Backpackers: 4/10 the manager is grumpy, the house is not bad, but the main reason I came was for the “Free Breakfast”. This involved toast and coffee or tea. No cereal or yoghurt or anything like that. All in all very disappointing.

December 1st
Welcome to Cintsa and Buccaneers Backpackers, reported to be the best backpackers in South Africa. Set in an almost an idyllic location with a perfect view of the bay and beach.

Buccaneers Backpackers: 9/10 Perfect location (except for the rather steep hill), about 10min walk from shops, good food, free evening activities w/ free wine, and wonderful staff who make you feel part of the family.

Of course my free activity involved a few hours sleep. The kind of sleep where you are out cold and drool all over the pillow. Woke up just in time for dinner. Then went back to bed again. Oh how I love sleep!!!!
December 2nd
Today sat and made jewellery near the office. Sold quite a few items and had a few requests, such as chokers with matching bracelets. Was great fun, until, of course, the hand start cramping……

Tonight the free activity involved decorating the bar for a farewell. The wine made me very creative and I whipped out large zulu – style shields and masks (from cardboard) and when one of the guys asked me to paint him too, I happily obliged and painted flowers and flags all over his stomach chest and onto his back.

Since most of the staff were at the main house for the farewell dinner I helped sort out the guests. Looks like I become part of the furniture where-ever I go….



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *