BootsnAll Travel Network



An overly detailed heads-up

You know how I love to over explain myself, right? Here comes a classic…

I might be dropping off the radar at some point between now and when I leave for Laos on the 19th. Basically, I’ve decided that my constant effort to remember, to understand myself in terms of my past, and to hold on to everything and everyone…well, I can’t do it anymore. The load is too heavy.

I’ve become like the psychological equivalent of an old timey traveler doing the Grand Circuit with ninety trunks and no porter. So I’m just sitting here on this mountain of suitcases unable to move forward. I can either stay here with all my stuff or I can leave it behind and keep going.

I’m totally not calling you guys ‘stuff.’ I’m just saying that for a while, I might need to – at least symbolically – put the past completely behind me and give myself a break from this obsession with remembering everything, all the time. I guess I just want to see what will happen, and if I will feel any different.

So if the blogs and emails stop for a while, don’t freak out and think I’ve been kidnapped by monkeys, or anything. I’m fine.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *