BootsnAll Travel Network



Where are those little devils

Hello all,

I have been in Tasmania now for about a week and so far the scenery and animals are amazing.  I landed into the main city in the south called Hobart.  I spent 3 days at the central city backpackers in the downtown area.  It is a nice city but there is not a lot to do during the evenings and late night.  I took the first day to walk around and see some of the close sights and figure out how I was going to see this province.  By that evening I had most things figured out.  The next day (Friday) I did a boat tour to Port Arthur.  We took a bus to Eaglehawk Neck and then got on a boat that took us around some amazing cliffs called Devil’s Kitchen,Tasman Blowhole and Tasman Arch.  All of the Tasman references go back to an early explorer called Abel Tasman who found and inhabited a lot of the places here and in NZ including the naming of Tasmania.    Cape Huay had some remarkable rock formations including one rock that climbers fromRock formation at Cape Huay all over the world come to conquire.  It is very high and not very wide, they repel down the cliff opposite it and then climb up the rock face to the top (see picture).  after a 2 hour boat ride we made it into Port Arthur which was a convict settlement in the 1800’s.  They sent convicts here because it was near impossible to escape.  They did have jail walls but security was light because they had no where to go besides the ocean.  They set up a line of guard dogs at the other end and the convicts were stuck.  It was known as a very had life if you were sent there as the only form of punishment was lashings.  Most were lashed daily by other convicts and if you did not whip hard enough you were next in line.  Most were very abused and if you ended up in the phyco ward then it was real trouble.  They were forced to go to church every Sunday but they had to stand in what looked like little coffins and could see nothing but the preacher(again check the pic).  Port Arthur church for the convictsAfter touring around Port Arthur we were bussed back to Hobart for the evening.  Saturday was all about the outdoor market.  THe Salamanca market goes every Saturday and it was huge.  Live music all over the place and you could buy almost anything.  The fresh fruits and vegetables were definitely the highlight and I got some of the fruit for the next few days.  Sunday was going to be get away day but it all changed.  I had met 2 21 year old Danish girls (Emile & Lotte) on Thursday and we planned to rent a car and drive up the east coast together to save on costs.  The Tassie tours here are extremely expensive so it was cheaper to rent with some others.  I went to pick up the rental and they did not have my reservation done properly and thus no car available until Monday.  I went back and talked with the girls and they figured it would still be all right so we booked again and then pretty much wasted away the rest of Sunday.  Monday started much better as we got the car and started off towards the east coast.  We drove to the Freycinet National Park and took in the Cape Tourville Lighthouse and Sleepy bay which were each about 20 minute walks and well worth it.  We stayed in a town called Coles Bay for the night in a small backpackers/campground.  In the morning we were off to one of Tasmania’s highlights (Wineglass Bay).  Wineglass Bay in east TasmaniaWe did the 4 hour hike to the bay and back around a mountain to where the car was parked.  The water was crystal blue and obviously the bay was shaped like a wine glass.  The beach was white sand and the first thing we saw was a wallaby and were able to go right up to it and I pet it’s tail.  I am sure that some people feed them and that is why it was so tame but we also saw some at the car park and it was the same there.  After the hike we drove to a little town called Bicheno and an evening tour of penguins.  These little penguins go out to sea every morning for food and stay out all day until late then come in for shelter.  They waddle up the beach and to their homes and we were able to see it all.  Cute little buggers too. Penguins at Bicheno On Wednesday we continued up the east coast to St. Helens and what they call Binalong Bay and the Bay of Fires.  This was rather disappointing as the rocks that form the bay are similar to what we had already seen in Sleepy Bay.  The orginal explorer did not go to the area because he thought it was on fire. We had planned to stay the night but were done so early we decided to go to Launceston instead.  Launceston is the other big city in Tassie with a whopping 100,000 residents.  The drive was crazy as it was only about 120km’s but had about 300 turns in the road.  I have never turned so much, imagine the last part of the drive into Golden and then do it for 120km’s.  The car brakes were also starting to scweel and making horrible sounds.  Launceston is where the girls planned to get off as they were flying out to Melbourne.  I got checked into a nice hostel called the Arthouse and again started to figure out whats next.  It did not take long before I met a Canadian girl (Meghan) from Vancouver and we were making plans for the west coast and back to Hobart.  I did some touring around on Thursday and Friday and checked out the city as well as the Cataract Gorge.  The gorge was really cool, it is where the north and south esk river join to make the Tamar river.  Cataract Gorge in Launceston, TasmaniaThere were several walks through out the gorge and I went for about 8km’s.  I got the car checked out and everything is okay just a minor issue.  Meghan and I will leave for the west part of Tasmania tomorrow (Saturday) and see what we can find.  I will continue to look for a Tasmanian Devil but there are not many left in the wild.  They have been infected by some disease and it is killing them off.  Unfortunately I have seen more dead wild life so far than alive.  The roads in the evening are full of wildlife mostly wallaby’s and tons are been killed. Hopefully the rest of the island has lessead animals and alot more live ones.

Until next time, everyone take care.

Steve



Tags:

95 responses to “Where are those little devils”

  1. the time to study or take a look at the content or sites we have linked to below the

  2. we prefer to honor quite a few other world-wide-web internet sites around the web, even though they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Below are some webpages really worth checking out

  3. Sites of interest we have a link to

  4. always a big fan of linking to bloggers that I really like but do not get lots of link really like from

  5. chug says:

    just beneath, are many entirely not associated websites to ours, even so, they are surely really worth going over

  6. just beneath, are many completely not connected internet sites to ours, on the other hand, they’re surely really worth going over

  7. Here is a great Weblog You might Discover Exciting that we Encourage You

  8. pdr training says:

    check below, are some completely unrelated web sites to ours, even so, they’re most trustworthy sources that we use

  9. Here are a few of the sites we advocate for our visitors

  10. one of our guests not too long ago encouraged the following website

  11. very few internet websites that take place to be in depth below, from our point of view are undoubtedly effectively really worth checking out

  12. Every when inside a even though we choose blogs that we read. Listed beneath are the latest internet sites that we pick out

  13. The facts talked about within the post are several of the top readily available

  14. roof repair says:

    that will be the end of this post. Here you will locate some internet sites that we assume you will appreciate, just click the links over

  15. Acoustic says:

    we came across a cool web page that you may possibly delight in. Take a search in the event you want

  16. we came across a cool site that you simply could possibly appreciate. Take a appear for those who want

  17. that is the finish of this report. Here you’ll locate some web sites that we consider you’ll enjoy, just click the links over

  18. here are some links to web sites that we link to due to the fact we assume they may be worth visiting

  19. very couple of internet websites that come about to become in depth below, from our point of view are undoubtedly effectively really worth checking out

  20. we came across a cool site that you just may possibly take pleasure in. Take a look when you want

  21. Here is a great Weblog You might Locate Intriguing that we Encourage You

  22. Every the moment inside a whilst we opt for blogs that we read. Listed beneath would be the newest internet sites that we select

  23. sex therapy says:

    we came across a cool internet site that you just could possibly delight in. Take a appear for those who want

  24. Vibrator says:

    here are some links to web-sites that we link to for the reason that we think they are really worth visiting

  25. one of our visitors not too long ago proposed the following website

  26. very handful of sites that occur to become comprehensive beneath, from our point of view are undoubtedly well really worth checking out

  27. always a big fan of linking to bloggers that I like but really don’t get a great deal of link love from

  28. Sites of interest we have a link to

  29. Here is a good Weblog You might Obtain Interesting that we Encourage You

  30. very handful of internet websites that take place to become in depth beneath, from our point of view are undoubtedly properly worth checking out

  31. Joannie Zettler

    I found a great…

  32. Renata Hoos

    I found a great…

  33. Caleb Spelman

    I found a great…

  34. Wilford Helger

    I found a great…

  35. Bruno Franciosa

    I found a great…

  36. Noma Exford

    I found a great…

  37. Beatris Choinski

    I found a great…

  38. Ssl Proxies Buy

    I found a great…

  39. Buy Shared Proxy

    I found a great…

  40. Senuke Proxies

    I found a great…

  41. Blazingseollc Coupon

    I found a great…

  42. Best Private Proxies

    I found a great…

  43. American Private Proxies

    I found a great…

  44. Gsa Ser Proxies

    I found a great…

  45. metal dildo says:

    How to Choose a Metal Dildo

    One of the most loved sex toys is the metal dildo. They are extremely hard and can provide intense stimulation. They are great for solo masturbation and partnered play. It is important to choose one made of high-quality material.
    There are some things to remember before buying a new metal dildo for your spouse. The first is to make sure the product is safe for the recipient. Some toys made from raw materials may be allergic. Some may even contain toxic alloys. Toxic alloys can have a negative impact on a person’s health and even cause cancer.
    Second, think about the size and shape for the metal dildo. There are many options for sizes and shapes, so make sure you choose something that feels right for you. A stainless steel dildo is the best option. It is easy to clean and doesn’t attract bacteria. You can also choose a silicone or glass dildo. Both are soft and safe for your body.
    A stainless steel dildo is an excellent choice for beginners. Stainless steel can last a lifetime without cracking. It’s a great choice for anyone who isn’t very confident about their sexual life.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.