BootsnAll Travel Network



Superfracadillyious

Milford SoundSteve at Mt LuxmoreJolein and I hiking at Mt. Luxmore NZAt the Chasm near Milford Sound, a must see for everyone

I am not sure on the spelling but who cares.  I have had 2 of the most amazing days ever.  We left Queenstown yesterday and got to see some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere in the world.  This is the best day I have ever had sitting on a bus.  We had about 4 stops on our way to Milford Sound and the best one was a stop on the road called The Chasm.  Everyone should have the privalge of seeing this in their lifetime.  Words and pictures will never be able to explain the amaement of this place.  It is a waterfall but unlike anything you have seen before.  THe water has worked through rocks over many years to create absolute amazement.  After we got on a cruise boat and toured the Milford Sound, again this is something that everyone should see.  The pictures will again not do the landscape justice but it is the best we can do.  After Jolein and I were dropped of at Te Anau and I am staying here for 3 nights.  We had a great BBQ as the weather is also amazing.

This morning we hiked to the top of Mount Luxmore which was a 24km hike there and back.  It took about 8 hours and the views were fantastic.  My legs are very tired right now but it was all worth it.  It was a 1200 meter climb through forest and then rock cliffs.  Lots of people stay overnight but we did it all in one day.

I can not use this computer to put pictures on so I will add them later but they will be worth looking at.

Take care all, Steve



Tags:

4 responses to “Superfracadillyious”

  1. Mom & Dad says:

    Yes, we . wish that we were there.Keep having fun . we miss you but have a good journey and keep the news coming.

  2. Thomas Helm says:

    Glad to see you are having so much fun, while we freeze, -35 here in Sudbury. You are on quite a journey, wish you all the best and will be following on the blog, thanks to Rodney , ps Canada won gold again (#5).

  3. Don & Audry says:

    Maybe someday we will get there. I am so happy for you, We have +2 here to day if that is any concellation.

  4. It sounds like your having the time of your life. We really enjoy all the new, and pictures

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.