BootsnAll Travel Network



Hello New Zealand

I arrived into Auckland New Zealand yesterday afternoon and it feels really weird to be in a big city again.  I took the local shuttle into downtown and have booked into the ACB Hostel on Queen’s  street.  It is in the middle of everything.  I got into a 4 bed dorm room for $29 NZ a night and plan on staying for just a few nights.  Gemma (another TB member) is meeting up with me tonight and then I will make some plans after that.  I went for a walk along Queen street yesterday and it is like any other big city.  I walked down to the peir and checked out a few shops.  After eating tribal food for 5 weeks not sure what it will be like to go to a MacDonalds.  I would like to find a place and have a nice steak.  It feels weird having all these Xmas decorations up and absolutely no sign of snow.  I will have to say that it is a lot cooler here than in Fiji.  In Fiji it was around 30 all day and night and in Auckland the high today is only going to be 21 and a low of 13.  I might have to buy a pair of jeans.  I guess it could be worse like in Calgary where it looks like the next few days are going to be in the -20’s.  Man you have no idea how funny it was to write that!!! Sorry about that but I do feel for all you back in Canada dealing with the cold, awe who am I kidding I am loving the idea that it is -24 there.  I will just have to survive with +21.

Bundle up everyone and we will chat again soon.

Steve



Tags:

One response to “Hello New Zealand”

  1. Hi Steve here is Bill’s phone.
    talk again soon.

    Auntie Audry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.