BootsnAll Travel Network



Auckland at Christmas

Scary Santa in Auckland

It is getting close to Christmas and the inner city is buzzing.  Lot’s of shops have big window displays but the one thing that is missing is snow.  Thank god!!!  THe one store has a big santa on the outside and the picture is below, it might be the scariest santa ever.  I broke done last night and finally treated myself to a great meal.  I went to the Patio steak house and had an awesome rib eye steak with potatoes and mushroom and tomatoes.  It went well with the red wine and fudge cake for dessert.  Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.  I have met up with Gemma that I met at VoroVoro and we are going to hang out in Auckland until the 22nd and then start a tour through the north island with another one of her friends.  It is great to know someone and have someone to travel with.  I also met up with Roger who I met in the first week of my travels in Fiji.  He is from Switzerland and just got in from Melbourne.  We went grocery shopping this afternoon and bought about $90 so we should be set for the next week and not have to eat out very much.  We made tacos and they were very tasty.  It should be a good week coming up as we tour around Auckland.

Take care all,

Steve



Tags:

6 responses to “Auckland at Christmas”

  1. Scott Schotanus says:

    Damn….that is one ugly Santa.

  2. Don & Audry says:

    Hi Steve
    That Santa really looks like he is from down under”””””hell””””’
    Auntie Audry

  3. Chris says:

    Hey Steve. Glad to see you are still moving as you do your world tour. Sometimes it’s hard to leave when you are having so much fun.

    I have to agree though, that is one ugly Santa!

    I will send you an email later to wish you a Merry Christmas.

    Chris

  4. Ian says:

    Nothing says Christmas like a creepy Santa next to a huge Coke banner!

    Merry Christmas my friend.

    Ron says they lost in the semis on Monday – If you were with them I’m sure things would’ve been different – you would’ve been knocked out in the first round!! (I kid.)

    Seriously, we miss you, and are glad to see you’re doing so well.

    Take care!

    E

  5. Rob says:

    Am I the only one noticing you’re travelling around with a woman? Very sly to post the ugly santa as a distraction!!
    I’m missing you buddy! I’ll drop you a note really soon.
    Rob

  6. What would be a great story or some passages in the bible to see at an assisted-living facility?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.