BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy Birthday Bro!!!

Jolein, Lena & myself in ChristchurchCathedral in ChristchurchIt’s my brothers (Rodney) birthday!!! and yes me is getting old(er).

Happy, Happy  day Bro!!!

I am in Christchurch NZ and have been for a few days and will be here until at least Wednesday Jan 28th.  This is my favorite city so far in NZ and has a fantastic feel to it.  There is an international buskes festival going on for the next 10 days and i am going to take in some of the acts.  There are at least 5-6 from Canada.  I have had to say good-bye to Jolein and Lena as they are on their way to their homes andI continue to meet new people.  I will also meet up with some other friend from Vorovoro in Fiji later today.  This city has so many attactions that i know mytime will be well spent here.  i am going punting(not with a football) later today in the canal and maybe a tram ride.  Their is a comedy festival along with the buskers and i will take in some of that.

THe weather in NZ has finally turned the way i wanted it to.  i left the raining west and south and now on the east side it has been around 30 degress everyday and the forecast looks good for the near future.

THe one thing that does  not look good is the budget.  NZ is very expensiveand i will probably leave at the start of March and not extend my visa.  All these attractions do get costly and i still have to pay for a skydive which will cost about $400 nz or $261 Cdn. My living budget has been very accurate with rooms about $25nz or $16 cdn and meals depend if i cook or go out.  I have been cooking alot more lately and that has been good.  I would expect to be on budget for the rest of NZ except for the skydive and then we will have to see what Oz brings.  I know that everything is alot cheaper when i get to South East Asia and can make up for most of it there.  I still have planned a dolphin swim, whale watching and flying a plane to do in NZ as well.  It’s only money anyway and more can be earned later if needed.

Take care until next time!!!

Tram in Christchurch



Tags: ,

One response to “Happy Birthday Bro!!!”

  1. Hey Steve uncle and I think you’ve grown taller,and all your hiking is looking good on you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.