BootsnAll Travel Network



Christchurch is Awesome

The view I have of the 14th green at the NZ Womens OpenBuskers at ChristchurchJohn, Cel, Myself, Daniell and Michael in ChristchurchLena and I out on her last night in NZ

Hello all,

 I have been in Christchurch now for about 10 days and have been loving every minute of it.  When i got here it was Jolein’s last day and we had a great night out.  After that i had an awesome night out with Lena and then she left.  I was able to spend a great day with Daniell, Michael, Cel & John who I met in Fiji and then they left.  Next was Ernst to come and go.  The friendships that i have made with these people are fantastic and it has been tough to watch everyone heading in other directions but i am meeting new people and having fun doing it.  I have watched a ton of buskers over the last week and there are some really good ones.  Lots of acrobats and jugglers but this one guy is bending spoons with his mind, it is pretty freaky and i got to see it up close.

The last 2 days i have spent on the golf course volunteering for the NZ Womens Open and having a great time.  The people running the thing can’t beleive that i am helping out but they are starting to understand me and what i am doing.  I have been a spotter/marshal on the 14th hole which is a long par 5 that the ladies are having problems with.  They is a lot of brush that keeps eating up their shots, had at least 20 today in the crap but I found every one of their balls but not one was in a playable lie.  I am not allowed to take pics while i am there but i am doing it anyway.  They gave me a golf shirt and cap and I get lunch everyday.  THe golf is really slow and it is taking about 5-6 hours for a round so we are there for about 8-9 hours helping out.  We get a free BBQ on sunday after everything is ove which should be good.  I have been catching the bus and walking to get to the course but this afternoon the organizer told me that i could go on the players shuttle so I got to chat it up with a few of the players.  Last day tomorrow and hopefully the Canadian in the field (Nancy Harvey) will do a little better than today.  She has a few stokes to catch up but you never know.

I leave for Kaikoura on Monday and will be swimming with a pod of 200-300 dolphins and maybe some whale watching.

 Until next time, Take care all



Tags:

2 responses to “Christchurch is Awesome”

  1. Anonymous says:

    That is awesome Steve! Are you giving any of them tips on their game?

    Ron

  2. Mom & Dad says:

    Awesome pictures looks like a great golf course. Following along on your travels on a map in our atlas of the world Great to see that you are having a good time and a great trip. Miss you and love you. Oh Greg had the baby in Calgary for tests but no results yet, he feels that there is something not right ,when the results from these tests come back then will likely need more will keep you posted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.