BootsnAll Travel Network



Kraków

We celebrated Thanksgiving in beautiful Krakow. Supposedly Krakow is the “next Prague.” At the time that claim was hard to judge because Prague would be our next stop, but now looking back on both cities it makes sense for the most part. While both towns make you feel like you’ve been transported back in time to the middle ages, Krakow is a little more rough around the edges.

There is a church every 50 feet and each one is safeguarded by a giant hilltop fortress named Wawel (pronounced Vavel.) Inside Wawel is one of the 7 Hindu Chakra points of the world where Chakra energy is thought to be highly concentrated. Lauren and I hugged the wall where you are supposed to feel the most juice and were instantly sucked into the fibers of reality weaving themselves towards the ultimate and clandestine truth for all matter. Then we went and bought a mug at the gift shop.

We got more souvenirs from the old cloth market building in the central square. The cloth trade is what put Krakow on the map in the 12th century and paid for all the beautiful facades lining the streets. Our favorite of the many churches was the church of St. Francis – Pope John Paul II’s old stomping grounds. JP2 is a pretty big deal in Krakow. He was born in a nearby town and served as a bishop at St. Francis before getting the call from Rome.

We stumbled upon a vegetarian restaurant and clung to it like a winning lottery ticket. They served deliciously veggified Polish cuisine at fair prices.

Visiting Schindler’s old factory gave us just a taste of the mind-altering experience awaiting us in Auschwitz. On our last day in Krakow we took a day trip to see the most notorious death camp in the world.



Tags:

Leave a Reply