BootsnAll Travel Network



Do you like Baileys?

After quickly changing our clothes, eating the last of our Jo’s BBQ tofu sandwiches, and grabbing a cup of coffee to ward off the insomnia, we were on our feet and wandering around a sunny Dublin. We got a good feel for the city in just a few hours. Trinity College is right in the heart of Dublin and very near our hostel. It’s a beautiful Harvard-esque campus.

We walked a few blocks through the shopping district towards St. Stephen’s Green and sat in the sun for a while. It was hard to resist grabbing a fresh pint of Guinness as we passed pub after pub, but I knew it would knock us out cold. We found a nice little Italian place for dinner in the Temple Bar neighborhood by the river Liffey (‘bar’ means ‘area by river’ in Gaelic.) Temple Bar is Dublin’s version of sixth street, so it was nice and lively.

Just like most of Europe, the people here are amazingly friendly and accommodating as long as they aren’t serving you food or selling you train tickets, etc. The sun went down around nine and we scoped out more areas around town, chatted with the Germans staying in our room, and eventually fell asleep. Although we only spent a half day walking around the city, we were able to cover almost all of the sights we had planned to check out.



Tags: , ,

3 Responses to “Do you like Baileys?”

  1. Marc Conselman Says:

    Sean,

    ONLY 8 Pair??!!! Recommend buying mas Ropa interior! Have fun.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. emily m Says:

    haha thats awesome! im so glad to hear you’re having fun and meeting people! what are the rooms like at the hostel? i just finished a book about a guy that lived in Dublin and he went to trinity college and pretended to be a student for a day just to see what it felt like. haha
    anyways, glad to hear you are having a great time and can’t wait to read the next story!
    love you!
    –emily m

  4. Ann Kullich Says:

    I am so jealous! How wonderful, Sean and Lauren!!!! Love ya

  5. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply