BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 9: 22nd Feb – Belgrade

Little sleep makes for a very quiet and tired bus.  At the border there is a short stop for passport checks and money exchange.  The scenery is flat and lifeless, with a mono-tonal brown wafting the surroundings.  A couple of hours later we arrive in Belgrade.

A tiny in-road leads to our tiny hostel, The Belgrade Eye. I have been upgraded to a room with a double bed as the group finally gave in to my snoring antics.  After settling down and putting my bag away, we all head into town in search of some sights.  We notice on the map a Fort of some kind, so with only one night in Belgrade to take advantage, we head off in search.  All of the group struggle as the tiresome and constant movement over the last week starts to take its toll.  We manage to find the fort, located on the top of a hill overlooking the city.  With the stars out and the city lit up, we all take a moment to rest and admire.  After looking at the central shopping district for food, we decide to head back to the hostel for some cheap and local food.

The restaurant we find is a small place, seating no more than 30 people. As we go in as a group of 12, there was some reorganising of the restaurant to accommodate. The waiter was a saint, despite his English not being 100%. He made the effort to explain what was on the menu and was patient enough to wait for some of the indecisive among us. After a filling meal of local stew, we all stumble into the hostel and take a much needed rest.  Andrea feels there is something in the room that he is staying with the boys, so I kindly agree to let him stay with me (as long as he could stand the snoring).  Early start tomorrow as we look onward to Bulgaria.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *