BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 8: 21st Feb – Budapest

Our first priority of the day is shopping.  We head into town and straight to the local market, only to find that the market is closed on Sunday’s.  We head along the river towards the Parliment building and find the shopping district.  I manage to stock up on some much needed clothes while the rest mingle in the streets and shops.  We then head to a cafe by the river next to Parliment for a long awaited hot chocolate.

We head to Parliment for a look around and, to our dismay, it’s sold out of tickets for viewing.  Disheartened but not discouraged, we move to Hero’s Park on the other side of the city to meet up with the rest of the girls.  Hero’s Park is littered with statues and buildings, old and new.  With a blue sky backdrop and a sunny breeze blowing through we decide to have our packed lunches by the pond in the park and wait for the rest to come by.  A quick chat and some pictures taken, we all head back to the hostel as there are some essential (and overdue) laundry to do!

Dinner tonight will be made with the girls at the hostel kitchen.  On the menu is pasta and Martini!  As they did the cooking, I decided to get another bottle of Martini for us.  They decide to get one for themselves, so I buy one on my own.  After a few card games and a bottle of Martini, we head down back to the hostel bar we were in the night before.

Upon arrival, we meet a bunch of British lads here for a birthday weekend.  We all have a drink together and make acquaintances till someone in the bar starts to play some music on his guitar.  His friend, a vocalist in their band, starts to sing along and before we know it they’re taking requests.  Another guy armed with a bongo drum joins the party and before I know it I’ve taken the drum and had a go.  I move on to the guitar and play my rendition of “Wonderwall”, which goes down well with the small crown in the bar.  We have another late night but a completely improvised one, only cut short by the prospect of an early start in the morning.  Tomorrow – Serbia!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *