BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 7: 20th Feb – Budapest

We manage to get a late start on day 7 as the journey isn’t meant to be as long as previous travels (essential recovery time for me).  Budapest has a lot to compete with after such a great time in Vienna, but I remain positive as we arrive.

Grey and cold are the only words I could use for the welcome into Hungary.  Despite this, the sights are just as breathtaking as the rest of our trip so far.  A quick stop at our hostel and we head off to see the city! Not too long though until it begins to rain, “dampening” our experience a tad.   We still manage to see a lot of the major sites in the city; the main bridge across the Donau, the castle on the hill, the church on the hill, Parliment building and the countless Burger King’s dotted strategically across the city.  A good insight to what is available and a better way to plan for tomorrow.  After the wet and rain, it’s back to the hostel for some down time before dinner.

A small restaurant called Blue Rose was the choice made for dinner, satisfying the OzBus criteria of “CHEAP” and “LOCAL”.  It just so happens that it’s also a very nice place.  After dinner and a good chat, it’s back to the hostel and a bar located beneath where there will be live music.  Today I decide to have a detox session from alcohol, but the group decide against my healthy option and have a few anyway.  It’s blues night with the bands all very lively with their solos.  Really fun music, charming bar (open 24 hours) and the chance to have a little dance means it’s one of the best hostel bars so far.  We run into the early hours of the morning and, literally, dance ourselves to bed.  Tomorrow will be a day of exploration, weather permitting.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *