BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 3: 16th Feb – Prague

8am and after a hefty breakfast of bread, ham and eggs we climb back on the bus and head to Prague – our first destination on the trip where we spend more than one night in.  Another 7 hour ride is only dispersed by the mandatory 2 hour service stop, a long session of playing cards and an amusing passport check by some roadside police.  Before we knew it, we arrive in the Czech Republic and the beautiful city of Prague.

Our hostel is, simply put, the best accommodation we’ve had so far on the journey.  Not too good for the future accommodation as the benchmark is now set at such a high standard.  After a quick wash we head out into town in search of culture!  The group split and we head towards the river in search of Charles Bridge.  After getting the tram and finding our way to the centre, we get within throwing distance of the bridge before deciding that we should go to the old town and find somewhere to have a drink.  We meet up with the rest of the group eventually and head towards the nearest pub to watch the Champion’s League game (we have an italian on board who supports Milan).  After a few more drinks and a disappointing loss for our italian friend, we move on and try to find a place to eat.

We scour the streets looking for “traditional” food and in the end we find a small restaurant with a basement dining room.  Good food, nice atmosphere and more beers (obviously).  Being pancake day, we have pancakes for dessert.  Once done, we head out to find more drink.

We move towards the Charles Bridge, which lit up in the night time glow is a idyllic site to any would-be traveler.  Upon crossing the bridge, we find a bar that is open with yet another underground room.  We stay and drink till the early hours of the morn, at which point decide to head back to the hostel and call it a night.  The morning will bring another day in Prague and a free day for us to explore this fine city.

Dinner with the group



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *