BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 2: 15th Feb – Heidelberg

After an 8am start, we head off from Bruge with sight of Germany ahead.  Next stop, Heidelberg.

As we depart, we managed to shuffle the seating order so that we all socialize more.  For me, most of the journey was spent socializing with the group, getting to know the people and playing card games.  There had been a few divides with the group already: the young girls, the men, the foreign group and the mature group.  For this trip, it was the young group.  The whole journey was littered with snow covered landscape and the occasional forest (and, oddly, a vine yard up the side of a mountain).  A few service stops in Germany and a long few drives away we roll into the German town of Heidelberg.  Famous (as described by our tour leader) for it’s gummy bear specialized shop.

A very beautiful and small town, with a main street running through the centre.  I break off with the men on the journey, heading for the main castle and other various sites.  After a long ( and steep) walk to the castle, we head down the main street in search of culture and a woolly hat!  After stumbling across the ladies of the trip, we head into a local pub and have a drink.  We realize that the prices were not traveler-friendly, we head back to the hostel to have some traditional German cuisine!

Beer and Schnitzel on the menu, we again happen to be located in the hostel we will spend the night.  Yet again we have an early start so the beers are kept to a minimum (optimistically).  So much for a non drinking holiday!  An amusing conversation in our dorm room and the realization that our walls are thin mean that we laugh to sleep.  We head to Prague in the morning and the prospect of our first lie in as there will be two days spent in Czech.

Socialising with the group Socialising with the group



Tags:

5 responses to “Day 2: 15th Feb – Heidelberg”

  1. Charlotte Pearman says:

    Sounds fantastic! x

  2. Jose says:

    Belgium, Germany and then Prague is NOT the right route to follow if you want a non-drinking trip! 🙂

  3. Thank you for your entire efforts on this website. Kim delights in doing investigations and it is easy to see why. Most people hear all regarding the powerful form you create insightful tips and hints by means of the website and therefore recommend participation from visitors on that subject then our daughter is now starting to learn a whole lot. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the new year. You have been conducting a splendid job.

  4. I’ve been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thanks, I’ll try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your website?

  5. Lisa Mills says:

    I cannot thank you enough for the blog.Really thank you! Great.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *