BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 1: 14th Feb – Set off!

7am, 10 people on Embankment and thousands of miles ahead of us – OzBus 14 has set off!

Our first stop is Dover to catch a ferry.  We have to pick up another passanger at Dover before boarding the ferry.  Once we baord the ferry, we head to the lounge area to enjoy the view.  After a 90 mintues, long chat and a few Sudoku puzzles solved, we dock at Calais.  After getting on the bus, it’s another two hour journey till we get to our first hostel of many – located in Bruge.

Once getting to the hostel, we settle quickly into our dorms and drop our bags off before setting out on the town.  Lucky for us we have a local tour guide (Jos) who will take us to the sites of Bruge – via bike.  After riding around (in the snow) for a couple of hours, a visit to the oldest pub in Bruge and filled with plenty of Flemmish history, we head back and find our first restaurant of the trip.

On the menu – Flemmish stew!  Include a few beers and it’s a good meal for the night.  Then we go back to the hostel for a few more beers.  Not too many to drink as there is an early start in the morning, heading out to Germany!

Our bus



Tags:

One response to “Day 1: 14th Feb – Set off!”

  1. Jose says:

    Belgian beer! Delicious… I bet you will miss it for the rest of the trip!
    Any chance you remember the name of the pub? I go to Bruges every now and then…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *