BootsnAll Travel Network



We sold our house!!!

We put our acerage on the market on 5/10 and sold it on 5/12… Great news! We sort of figured it would go quickly since finding a small acerage is a bit tough in the area, however we had no idea it would go so quickly! It was especially a blessing since the same day as the house went on the market Jim got layed off from his job! It was a bit of a shock but we realized it was meant to be once the house went so quickly.

Well I slaving away at the office wishing I were anywhere but here, he is at home packing, securing the storage unit, making endless phone calls for appointments for inspections, etc, finding an apartment, etc. It has certainly taken a lot of stress of me since he’s accomplishing so much during the day I haven’t been having to do much in the evenings to prepare.

So, the time frame has been moved up and I’m looking at 31July being my last day at work with a departure date for our RTW sometime in mid-August. I can see this is how the entire trip will work… we’ll have a bit of a plan and something will come up to completely switch things up!

My in-laws have a time share in Fiji so we’re also now thinking of spending a week or two on “vacation” before we actually start our RTW. I will still officially be part of the travel community before we go so we are going to get a travel agent rate on Air New Zealand w/ a stopover in Fiji for around $700pp from LAX. Not a bad deal.

Right now we’re so busy with all of the emotions of the last week it’s still a bit surreal (not only did JIm get layed off and we sold our house but I also cut my hair really short and am in the process of getting as blonde as possible pre-trip. With my pre-mature grey it will be much easier to just have it light to begin with so the grey will blend in easier but what a shock to the system!)  I think the fact that we’re really doing this won’t kick in for a bit longer!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *