BootsnAll Travel Network



Last Post from Kiwi land

Well, here we are on our final day in New Zealand. It’s been a really fantastic month and we’ve enjoyed the country as much as we were told we would!

We dropped the campervan on Tues. in Christchurch and checked into our hotel. The Ibis is newly opened and a great location right on Cathedral Square. We did have a snafu upon checkin… seems the online company we booked (and paid) the hotel through is not quite up to snuff. I’m not sure they’re completely fraudulent but basically, we checked in to have the hotel tell us they never got paid by Agoda and so we would need to pay again until it was sorted out. The manager of the hotel was very helpful and between she and us we did get it straightened out but she said she’d had bad dealings with them in the past as well. Live and learn but at least was successfully resolved in the end.

We just finished getting our final flights and things booked in Australia. We fly into Sydney tomorrow, 5 Oct. Fly from Sydney to Brisbane to pick up our Hippie campervan on 16Oct and drop it off 7 Nov in Cairns…fly back to Sydney and catch our flight to Bali! Lots of stuff going on for the next 30 odd days! We have 3 nights reserved in Sydney and are just going to swing it from there.

We feel like we pretty much really covered New Zealand. Turns out we drove about 2280 miles! We never did make it to Milford Sound and I’m sure it’s just beautiful but, everything we saw was and you just can’t always make time for everything!

The New Zealand people are certainly some of the friendliest we’ve ever met and there is a great level of customer service (and they don’t tip in this country so it’s not to try and make a buck) that is definitely lacking in the U.S.

So, goodbye New Zealand..it’s been great, and we’ll definitely be back again someday! Next post from the land of Oz!

Cheers – Jim & Rhonda



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *