BootsnAll Travel Network



Feeling good in Fiji

Jim & I arrived in Paradise and are having a fantastic time. We’re on a newer developed island called Denarau Island which is very close to Nadi town and the airport. It’s mainly just ritzy hotels but has fantastic beaches and great weather. It’s been in the mid-80’s and we’ve been spending a lot of time just bumming by the pool and swimming,etc. We did one 1/2 day snorkeling trip just off shore which had ok snorkeling but are going to do a full day to some of the outer islands in a few days.

The Fijian people must be the friendliest on earth. It threw us off for a couple of days because we kept waiting for them to want something from us. But no, they’re just really friendly! Last night we floated about in the surf watching the sun set over the outer islands and it was totally perfect.

We’re also planning another trip downtown to Nadi to check out the Hindu temple there as well as the Garden of the Sleeping Giants which is the actor Raymond Burr’s orchid farm. Then one day we’ll get in a tour into the hills to visit a village and do some caving as well. Other than that just lots of beach and pool time!

Hope you’re all doing well and we’ll update more in a few days. Pictures to come!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *