BootsnAll Travel Network



Cleaning out my desk at work!

How weird is that??? I’ve been with my company 10 years in Sep. and I am cleaning out my desk for possibly the last time. Very odd indeed.

I only have 2 more days of work to go and am so looking forward to moving full force into trip preparation next week. We need to pack up the apartment as well because we have to be out by 10Aug. Then we will be officially homeless.

We’ve got a ton of stuff going on in the next few weeks, we’re really going to need that week on Fiji to just chill. Tonight we have our pre-lasik eye appointment, tomorrow we get 2nd round of shots and meet some friends for dinner. Friday we’re having a “pre-party” before our going away party on Saturday. Next Wed. we have my works going away party, Thursday lasik surgery, and Sat leave for Vancouver BC for 3 days to visit friends. Whew, we need a holiday!

We’re getting a few fine details smoothed out as well. One thing we’d been trying to figure out was where to send our sleeping bags/pads to so we would have them at the beginning of our Africa portion but so that we didn’t need to haul them all over the South Pacific, SE Asia, and India. Suddenly I got a brilliant idea (it does happen occasionally!!!), why not send them to my companys’ Cairo office so we’ll feel more confidant they’ll be waiting for us safely. Abdel, the manager there, had an even better idea… insteaed of shipping them and paying custom fees we’ll just have my boss check them as baggage when she heads to Egypt in late Feb. so they’ll be there waiting for us when we arrive. Check! One more thing off the list of TO DO’s.

We’ve also decided that we are going to fit Turkey and Greece in between India and Egypt. It’s not out of the way at all and Turkey is one spot we really want to spend more time in (we’ve only spent 3 days there so far). Then, mom & dad D said they might want to come meet us in Crete in the spring and friends Ron & Dario had already mentioned meeting in Greece so…looks like we’ll add those 2 countries to the itinerary. I think then we can also take a boat from Rhoades to Alexandria and avoid buying an airline ticket. Things are coming together really well and we’re getting so excited we can barely stand it.

Break is over and back to work… ha ha… only 2 more days of saying that for a long while! 32 days to go and we’re off to see the world. Hope you all come along by blog for the ride!



Tags:

2 responses to “Cleaning out my desk at work!”

  1. Pennie D says:

    Congratulations on finally getting to that last day at work!!!! I’ve been enjoying your posts immensely already–I learn so much about my family and friends through thier blogs–nrnrEnjoy the sweetness of the next few days, before you journey off in earnest, be safe, and write, write, write. (After rest, rest rest, that is! 😀 )nrnrMany hugs to you both. nrnrP

  2. Kathy says:

    Rhonda, just read your comments. Sounds like it is off to a great start. Hope things continue well. I will be off to AFrica the end of November and will end up being there 2 months. I am getting really excited. Stay safe and have fun. Kathy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *