BootsnAll Travel Network



Cape Town!!!

Well, here we are back in Cape Town, one of the prettiest places on earth. It was a bit sad leaving everyone yesterday when we arrived. We drove the 1hr from Stellenbosch playing all of our favorites tunes and singing and dancing down the aisle of the truck (it got a bit crazy on there more than once on those long drives) and hugging. The truck dropped us at the Seapoint Inn so Jim and I had to gather our gear and call a cab to take us to our B&B at 4th on Varneys. We had brief goodbyes since we’re planning on seeing everyone else again in the upcoming days as we’re all hanging around Cape Town for a bit. It will be odd to suddenly not see people you’ve basically been living with for the past 2 months!

Our B&B is totally fantastic! It actually lives up to it’s website. It’s run by 2 guys and it just gorgeous, our room has floor to ceiling windows, a fireplace, beautiful bathroom, tv w/ DVD player, couch, king size bed, etc. ahhhhhhhhhh. We got all checked in and headed out for a wonderful lunch and to see how far the waterfront is from us (turns out only about a 15minute walk..yippee) and had planned on meeting everyone for dinner. It was Rob’s last night in town as he’s already flying out tomorrow but we couldn’t get his cell number to go through and the hotel the others are at couldn’t get them a message until this morning and blah blah. So, we went to the very upscale market down the street and got stuff for a carpet picnic in our room, bread, cheese, pasta salads, wine, etc. A very nice evening over all.

This morning we woke up to the best breakfast we’ve had since Cairo and spent most of the day down at the waterfront buying some African music, booking tickets for Robben Island, etc. We’re looking forward to another great stay here in Cape Town.

Well, that is it. We’re actually fully updated so I’ll blog again in a  few days with info on our days of fun here. We can’t believe in only 3 weeks we’ll be back home so we must make the most of our time left! Wishing you were all here with us in Paradise!!!! love, Jim & Rhonda



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *