BootsnAll Travel Network



Back in Portland Once Again

We had a great time in Canada. The first night we stayed at the Best Western Sunrise Inn in Osoyoos. We decided to splurge a bit for our last night in a hotel on the road and got the honeymoon suite..complete with canopy bed, fireplace and jacuzzi! Very nice. We ordered dinner in and had some great wine we’d purchased earlier in the day and enjoyed a lovely evening.

For breakfast the next morning we stopped at a little place advertising Indian & American food….they had exceptional eggs benedict and, even though it wasn’t on the menu, the lovely Indian owner made us true Chai tea like we’d had in India..sooooo good.

The Okanagan region of B.C. is just amazing. Gorgeous mountain scenery with dozens of lakes and rivers crisscrossing the landscape. It’s the wine region as well with over 100 wineries and tons of farmers markets and orchards. Too bad we only had the 1 night there but we’ll definitely try to go back someday. It was about a 5hr drive to Vancouver from Osoyoos, a beautiful drive all along the way.

We stayed with our friends Mike & Malisa for 4 nights, with friends Dana & Dallas driving up from Portland to join us. On Friday the boys all went golfing..unfortunately, in the pouring rain. Not a great golf day. Poor Malisa had to work so Dana & I lazed about and then drove downtown to join her for some great dim sum for lunch. The balance of the weekend was just a few nice walks and lots of eating and drinking. Luckily, the weather broke and was great for most of the time.

Monday we drove back down to Portland to once again take up residence in Ken & Wendy’s camper. It was wonderful to see how much progress they’ve made in building their new house and we’re all geared up to help take on that BIG project! For now, we are truly looking for jobs and have both sent out some resumes and we’ll be attending a job fair soon to get that part of our life back on track. In some ways we’re looking forward to it but then again, this year of freedom from schedules as been the most fantastic year ever and I’m already thinking of where we can head to on our next trip!

We ended up driving around 9200 miles on our road trip, and after the 8000 in Africa we are certainly not taking another driving trip anytime soon. But, the Coffee Cup restaurant in Puerto Vallarta is for sale and hmmmmm??? Possibilities, possibilites!!! Who knows where we’ll end up next. For now, we’re just hanging out and attempting to assimiliate into “normal” society….how long do you think it will last?? Cheers, Jim & Rhonda



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *