BootsnAll Travel Network



Out of Africa, into Egypt

 It looks like they may have given me some more space on this site, so I ‘ll try to update.  I arrived in Cairo today, and am just settling in – it’s pretty hot but not as bad as I’d imagined.  Heading to the pyramids tomorrow, and then down to Luxor and Aswan, then on to the Red Sea.  The pictures I’ve posted are just a sample of what I saw in Africa – all from my last week in Uganda. I’ll send a bunch more showing Zanzibar and Tanzania.  The wildlife is so unbelievable here it can make anyone a great photographer!  The gorillas and chimps were amazing to see in the wild, but real expensive – definitely a once/lifetime deal. We were able to get within about 15 feet of the gorillas, but the chimps stayed in the trees, and the lighting was not great, but they were still cool to watch.  The pythons (there were 2) were about 12 feet long – I wanted to catch one but the guide said no!  Also went rafting on the source of the Nile which was OK, but I guess I’m a little jaded from having done WW kayaking – rafting just can’t compare, but it was still a great experience (although expensive,of course).  Well, I’ll send a combination of Egypt pictures and older pix from Tanzania and Zanzibar in a a day or 2 – can only do this computer stuff for so long at a sitting.

africa-011.jpgafrica-005.jpgafrica-006.jpgafrica-010.jpgafrica-007.jpgafrica-018.jpgafrica-019.jpgafrica-042.jpgafrica-049.jpgafrica-038.jpgafrica-040.jpgafrica-023.jpgafrica-050.jpgafrica-026.jpgafrica-036.jpgafrica-015.jpgafrica-037.jpgafrica-028.jpg



Tags:

Leave a Reply