BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 2 in Cusco

We spent the day just hanging around the city, doing some browsing around, grabbing food when needed… general get to know your surroundings type things. One of the first impressions when walking the streets is the amount of people trying to sell things. Many adults have various crafts or food for sale, or those selling paintings and art, or scouts for various establishments, like restaurants and tour agencies. And children either begging or trying to sell finger puppets. I have never used the phrase “No gracias” more in my life. In fact, it’s probably now the single most used Spanish phrase I’ve ever uttered. It can get to be much at times, but you learn to accept or ignore it. It’s the worse right in the area of the Plaza de Armas, the main square of town. In the Plaza is a couple churches, restaurants, discos, souvenir shops, tour agencies, and in the center of the Plaza is an area with gardens and benches and a fountain.


P4160035.JPGIt was still a bit wet, so it was a bit gloomy the first couple days.

This is the plaza from the Loki bar, with more of an overview of Cusco.

Like I said before… it’s very brown, but at least looks a bit nicer in the sun.

DSC00434.JPG

For dinner, Joe and I went for some Alpaca steaks. It’s not bad, it’s actually fairly similar to venison. Very lean, a bit tougher of a meat. The restaurant was found by way of a scout. It was a great deal… we got a salad, a main course, side, a drink, and a dessert for only s/4.50… and while it was a bit of a gringo restaurant, surely due to the scouts targeting foreigners, the food was quite good…. And so frickin cheap! One of my favorite things of Peru thusfar… good, cheap food. We headed back to Loki fairly early, because we were being picked up by Peru Treks for our Inca Trail tour at 5:30-6 am, and we had to be sure we were ready to go when they got there.



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *