BootsnAll Travel Network



How long have I been here?

What day is it? How long have I been here? I (along with other travellers) often have to ask each other’s help to determine how long we have been here. Losing track of time is a nice feeling. In Bangkok, I was reading a very interesting article on Koh Tau. It said that there are three lies that everyone says while they are here: “I’m definatly leaving tomorrow”, “I’m not drinking tonight”, and “I love you.” You’ll have to guess which ones I’ve said.

I have been spending a fair amount of time with 2 Danish guys, Casper and Rassmus. Casper has been my dive partner for the advanced certificate class.

I finished up with my Advanced Open Water certification course, meaning I can now decend to 30 meters. Over the past 2 days, we did a total of 5 dives: a deep dive to 30 meters (no sharks, unfourtuatly), a navagation dive, where you and your buddy demonstraight to the instructor that you can use a compass underwater, a night dive, a multilevel dive (where we ended up getting lost for most of the dive), and a final fun dive.

The last dive was pretty shallow, only 12 meters and near shore, but it was by far the best. Casper and I did the entire dive by ourselves. Our objective was to identify various sea creatures. The water was clear which allowed us to see some great things, such as a Triggerfish, a Batfish, Grouper, a pufferfish, and a sea turtle. At one point three schools of different fish converged right in front of us. It was amazing. If anyone out there ever wanted to try scuba diving, I would highly reccomend it. Especially in Koh Tau, which is supposed to be one of the cheapest places to learn in the world. Also if any of you ever want a dive partner, just let me know, I’m game.

I want to do a few more dives over the next couple of days, but after that it is defineatly time to go. The two scuba courses put a decent dent in my budget so I feel I need to relocate to a cheaper place. The two Danes just came from Laos and highly reccomended the country. It should be very easy to spend less than $20 a day.

Neil (a bit sunburnt)



Tags:

2 Responses to “How long have I been here?”

  1. keith Says:

    Neil, I am pumped to hear that you have been diving deep into Lord Posidon’s domain. Keep up the good work, and steer clear of sexually transmitted diseases. Don’t allow the white women to go dissapointed. And if the situation is ambiguous, pull a Bergmann first and ask questions later.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. dna Says:

    what, you like going down with Danes?

  4. Posted from United States United States