BootsnAll Travel Network



Taipei and Taipei film festival, sausages, fruit, architecture

After an exciting tussle of football; Ronaldo and Figo are two guys girls drool over. Sophia has been keeping track. She was mighty upset (we were all asleep) when Argentina lost to Germany and Martina (tennis) lost on the same night. You might have heard her scream that night wherever in the world you may have been.

Sausages here are great. You get a variety. There are stalls selling sausages of different flavours eg chocolate, wasabi or with rice inside. And exotic fruits are plentiful. Every day, it gets so hot, you have to have yourself fresh real fruit crushed into mush – yum.

The transport infrastructure here is much more developed than China but not yet surpassing HK. In terms of tourism, if China scares you in terms of being tourist non-friendly (remoter areas); Taiwan would be a good start because in terms of architecture and scenery; areas in Taiwan offer a touch of raw China and a more than a touch of HK in more developed parts.

Sophia and I found the cinema showing films at the Taipei Film Festival in Ximen so when she flies back to HK tomorrow, I might catch a couple of films. Having met people here involved in many films; I’ve been given a list of must-watch-when-I-get-a-chance films. Sophia tells me I should push it more and try to get representation here in Asia. It made me think.

So France beat Brazil; we can’t believe it here but I’m glad.

***

To Em: It’s the people I hang around with; really, really trully.

To Simon: Good to hear from you; I’ll try call mum soon.

To Nick: Congratulations on getting in the scriptwriting course brainbox; how is that holy head of yours?

To Graham: Yes, it may have been me you saw on TV, it seems I’m appearing in the first episode of ‘Silent Witness’ on 10th and 11th July.

To Joao: Your guys beat England, I can’t believe it!

To Seb: You set for Singapore? It would be cool to see you. Are you ready for the heat?

***

Quote of the day
Photo of Jeremy Irons
Photo $5.99
(92 x 115 in)
We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they’re called memories. Some take us forward, they’re called dreams. Thinkexist.com Quotations
Jeremy Irons. British Actor, b.1948

 



Tags: , , ,

0 responses to “Taipei and Taipei film festival, sausages, fruit, architecture”

  1. nick says:

    holier than thou.

  2. Tobias says:

    Found out the times for Silent Witness – looking forward to it!

    Cargo

    Part 1  [Monday 10th July 2006, 9pm, BBC ONE]
    Part 2  [Tuesday 11th July 2006, 9pm, BBC ONE]

  3. Emma says:

    I’m not so sure Jess, I think you may be hiding your addiction behing others…

    1st it was Sheridan’s stash and now your so called ‘friends’ are miss guiding you. I think you need a little stint with my Catholic Grandmother to sort you out when you get home!

    Em
    x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *