BootsnAll Travel Network



Season Two: The Return to South America

Day 174

The chicken bus is back and were onboard. After a 4 month absence Jordana and I have resumed our travels, just about where we left off. Well almost. Currently we sit in the very depressing Bogota airport. I realize that Colombians aren’t the tallest of peoples but why are the ceilings 6 feet high here!? Regardless the Club Colombia cerveza I just finished brought back good memories of our time here in Colombia and helped make it a happier place. Funny how beer can do that.

Back to us, as some readers know my father passed away suddenly back in late April and we had to cut the trip short in Mendoza, Argentina. After lots of thought we decided we had to get back on the road and complete this trip. A trip both of us had dreamed about and worked hard to make happen for years. So we are flying into Santiago, Chile. Santiago being the closest international airport to where we left off in Mendoza, only a few hours away.

Being the bargain hunters we are we decided on the cheap connecting flight over the more expensive non-stop direct flight. Hence we are currently waiting in Bogota for our 3rd and last flight of the day. Toronto to Miami, Miami to Bogota and finally Bogota to Santiago. All totalled close to 19 hours of travel. Sounds long but consider this, it took us nearly 6 months to travel this distance overland!

I hope everyone will tune back in as the second season of Tales From the Chicken Bus gets going. It promises to be more entertaining than ever, but hopefully without the scorpion stings and muggings of last season. Its good to be back.



Tags: , , ,

3 responses to “Season Two: The Return to South America”

  1. Lena says:

    Glad the blog is back Mike! My students this year won’t appreciate it, but I’ll enjoy checking in on my lunch. Looking forward to both of your stories!
    Safe travels…
    L.

  2. carrie says:

    so happy that you and dana are continuing on. what an amazing thing to be doing! can’t wait to read the blog and hopefully no muggings or bites!
    be safe and have an amazing time. give my love and thoughts to dana, too.
    c:)

  3. gareth says:

    Nice to see the blog back!!!!! By the way you left your cooler here.

Leave a Reply