BootsnAll Travel Network



Landing Fees and Chinese Food

Day 175

“$132 each to just enter the country!” Yep, welcome to Chile. Just what you want to see at 5:30am after being awake for nearly 24 hours. Canadians pay the highest of any country to enter Chile. Apparently we charge them the same. Personally I think Chile implemented this as a retaliation for the ass kicking our cops laid on the Chilean under-20 soccer team at last years world cup. Regardless we paid the hefty fee and made our way through customs and out into the cool morning darkness of Santiago.

Jordana and I found a taxi to take us into town to the Green House. A hostel we booked online from home. Since its independence day here we figured we should have reservations, a rare thing for us. The hostel turned out to be a friendly, comfortable and clean place. We were both pretty wiped from the flight, so sleep it was till 11:30.

Not much else to write about today, we finally crawled out of bed to find most of the city shut down for the holiday. We walked, found a beautiful park and admired the snow covered peaks that surround Santiago. Some decent Chinese food for dinner and a walk around the bustling main square of the city.

Tomorrow promises to be a more interesting day as mueseum open and resturants as well. One thing I’ve learned in Latin America is holidays are taken very serious. Hopefully it is an exciting day as it cost so much just to enter Chile I want my moneys worth!



Tags:

Leave a Reply