BootsnAll Travel Network



Moving On

Day: 10
We awake in our room that has no lock and we quickly decide it´s time to move on. The plan had been to look for another hotel but we decide to just leave the city for Morelia, another colonial city in the highlands. It sounds like Zacatecas but larger, I´ve been looking forward to traveling there. The city has a large university and not many foreign tourists.
With no train service in Mexico there are more bus companies than you could ever imagine. The great thing about this is you can pretty much just show up at the station, pick a city, pick a company that goes there and be on your way shortly after. We arrive at the station and walk up to the La Linea ticket counter, quickly check our bags and 5 minutes later we are off to Morelia.

Ok, this is the nicest bus I have ever been on. We are given a complimentary drink and sandwich as we board. There are women’s and mens toilets aboard and when the movies starts in english we know it´ll be an easy and comfortable ride. If we stay in Mexico much longer I may have to rename the blog.

3 hours later we are in Morelia. It´s a holiday weekend here, revolution day. Hence we have some issues finding a room. It´s a good thing the temperature is cool at this high elevation because we are wandering around the city with our packs for about 40 minutes looking for a place to stay. Finally we decide it be best if Jordana waits with the packs in the zocolo (city square) and I head out to search for a room. I come across a nice looking hostel with a great centre courtyard about a ten minute walk from he city centre. Then the friendly lady showed me the room. Oh man, this was a different story. Let´s try to describe this for you…The room had no windows, was painted white but the walls were spotted black with mould. The washroom, oh the washroom was a gem. It was separated from the bed area by a small wall that did not reach the ceiling, there was no light and the shower was missing a couple of rows of tiles. This was maybe the worst washroom in North America. When I finally find a computer in this country that will let me upload some pictures you can get a look and judge for yourself. It also gave me the idea of posting the worst toilet pictures and having you readers vote for the nastiest ones we come across.

We finish the day with another great veggie dinner at yet another all veggie restaurant. We also decide we must find another room in the morning, one night is all we can take at this place. If we could only live on the buses things would be so comfortable.



Tags: , ,

One response to “Moving On”

  1. Alex says:

    Damn, that’s unpleasant. See, people think going around the world is luxurious, and although it’s an incredible experience it’s still not for the weak hearted. Oh well, it’s stuff like this that’ll make you laugh when the trip is over and done with, hehe. Keep at it, you’re just getting started. And I’m sure you’ll encounter even worse bathrooms somewhere out there 😉

Leave a Reply