BootsnAll Travel Network



Lap of Luxury

Day: 11 and 12
We awoke in the morning and quickly departed one of the worst rooms we have ever stayed in. We were about to go from a mouldy mess to a beautifully restored colonial hotel. The only room we could find was at the Hotel Casino, no actual casino present. We scored a balcony room overlooking the glorious cathedral and main city plaza. Just about the best view and room in the city.

I combined two days in this entry because we really didn’t do much that would interest you readers in Morelia. We spent lots of time sipping beer on the balcony, the best people watching spot in town. The real attraction in Morelia is walking the narrow streets, observing the colonial buildings and sitting in one of the numerous city squares near a fountain watching life go by.

Saturday night we hit a bar, our first real Mexican nightlife experience. We walk up to a bar and are asked if we have reservations? Nope, it’s just a bar with live music, Why would we need reservations? We play dumb and when the bouncer finds out we are Canadian we are in. We are led to the lower level, probably for the losers without reservations, seated at a table next to the stage and order drinks. The only real difference from a bar back home was nobody stood, people reserve tables here. Oh and it’s damn smoky and popcorn is served drenched in chilli sauce. Other than that it was not much different than a bar in Toronto. People dressed in the latest trends, they drank lots of beer and were out to watch some music. We saw a decent band and drank some good dark beer. I knew they must have had something better than watery Corona here. Leon and Indio are some great cerveza’s.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply