BootsnAll Travel Network



Easy Riding

Day: 6
Not much to write about today, it was one of those full travel days. The type where you get up early and know the rest of the day is filled with the unknown, spent on a bus with no real meals and a knowing at the end of the trip you´ll most likely feel like crap. Today we awoke with the hope of finding a quick breakfast and dreams of a comfortable bus.

We left the Hotel Colonial searching for a safe breakfast, meaning something that won´t try escaping your body in a few hours while riding a bus. We quickly found a good bakery and had some sweets and coffee for $2.50 CAD. We then found a taxi and headed to the massive Monterrey bus station. I´ve been in several airports that are not this large. We quickly got a ticket and 20 minutes later we were on a very comfortable bus. “WOW, Mexico is easy”, I thought to myself as I reclined my bus seat, threw on my iPod and stretched my legs out. The leg room made Air Canada´s first class look like coach. Eventually we arrived in the highland city of Zacatecas half an hour earlier than expected. Within 20 minutes we had found a beautiful room over looking the amazing town catherdal.

If only travel were always this easy, actually then it would lose some of the adventure so I can do without the ease sometimes. Regardless, we aren´t taking these easy days for granted, we know long hours on the real chicken buses are ahead.



Tags: , , ,

4 responses to “Easy Riding”

  1. admin says:

    All caught up on the blogs, we´re in the cool highlands now having a great time. Should have a good few entries over the next few days. Also working on getting some pictures posted, stay tuned. Thanks for reading along!

  2. Rob says:

    Good reading so far, can’t wait to see pics. I am planning something similar to this trip, early next year.

    Rob

  3. Amandine Perdebat says:

    Hey Jordana and Mike!
    Awesome entries…love it! You guys are crazy! I want pictures!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!! It is now Nov.14th….SO i hope your celebrating mexican style! TEQUILA!
    Miss you all much!
    Mandie/Pinkie/She who doesn’t exist…..legally;)

  4. Mike Parkdale says:

    I think you just jinxed yourself.

    Somewhere along the trip, you will have a day where you don’t make any miles at all, and this post will still be here, laughing at you.

Leave a Reply