BootsnAll Travel Network



What is traveling…

I was thinking about what is that we call “traveling”. Is this the actaul physical act of being on the road or is it more. Is it more about the journey of the thoughts we have. Their evolution, their search and constant battling with their own sounds. According to the dictionary “travel” is act of going one place to another. Strictly speaking they mean the act of going one place to another for a purpose, recreational, migration etc. But I like to think its more, it also searching for a new experience, travel mentally from one place to another. One thought to another.


I decided that I will continue my travels, sitting here in my comfort zone for a while. Rediscover the pleasure of traveling right here at home. I loved the anticipation on the road, new things happened to you. A smile changed your day. You expected things to happen and they. At home you don’t expect the same effect as you take so many things for granted. It time for me to change that. Routine becomes a routine if you do not have the mentality of keep that search on.

I want to see again. Feel the freshness of the day as one does on the road. The reason each day is different because we make it so on the road. We meet strangers who become friends. At home, I think we stop seeing. We are once again blind to the magic which follows us everywhere. A sea of humanity and with them a chance to experience something new every day. I walk to walk out of my door each morning thinking what will I do today andn what is going to happen. Even at work look to mundane routine tasks and try to imagine a new clarity. (yeah right) OK fine I will at least try!

Lets see, only time will tell. One reason why I decided to reactive the blog is to continue my travel tales…though these will be of a different kind. I hope.



Tags:

One response to “What is traveling…”

  1. Tiffany says:

    Hey Madhu!! This is such a fantastic surprise … I have been checking this space avidly for a while now, hoping that you would continue writing here. And now it’s happened!

    What you say about travel being an ongoing thing and a state of mind as much as anything rings very, very true to me.

    I’m wallowing a bit at the moment, having not been post-RTW very long. But after these initial teething problems pass, I want to write about daily life in exactly the way you’ve described.

    Hmmm … it’s travel, it’s just that we happen to be at home!