BootsnAll Travel Network



This Will Shock A Lot Of Folks!

Continuing in my running discussion on the subject of Death, begun a few blogs back, probably prompted by the death of a high school friend, as well as my decision to update my own instructions to my family in the event of any catastrophic sickness or demise on my part. That led me to share some excerpts from a manuscript I wrote detailing a question & answer session with The Holy Spirit, with Whom I frequently converse. I figure that any tips from the Other Side will help us all. When I asked about cremation and embalming practices, I learned things that certainly make me wish to steer clear of them. In that spirit, I share them with you, though this won’t be much loved by the Morticians and Funeral Director’s Union.

#40 – What does cremation (rapid burning at high temperatures, which reduces the body to fine ash) of the dead body do to the spirit, or soul, of the deceased? Can they feel it?

We are horrified at the practice of cremation. Not of burning the dead body as it is practiced in some cultures, if enough time is allowed between the death and the burning. Two days to two weeks is best. Cremation is often done very quickly after the person is pronounced dead, and it is much too soon to do anything to disturb the gradual departure of the human spirit from its most recent earthly form. Unawakened human spirits do not have the advantages that an enlightened soul has. A soul believes in and loves God. A spirit has not caught fire with this kind of love. Death is not as easy, nor is it completed as quickly, for a human spirit, as for a soul. But both would suffer from cremation.

There are parts of the human self that do not detach from the body for sometimes as long as a few weeks. These are some of the sensations which are shared by the physical body and the intangible consciousness. One of these is the ability to register pain. Another is the thought processes and consciousness of the cells themselves. Another is the memory which is contained in each cell. These things filter more slowly back to the individual; like leaving a few things behind in the family home when one marries or goes off to college, they don’t all go when the consciousness leaves the body.

Cremation comes as a dreadful, and extremely painful, shock to the recently-deceased person. Frequently, they must go into something like a hospital here, to help them control their terrible anger and to cope with the loss and pain which cremation causes. After the intense pain disappears…(it doesn’t take that long, but the terrible intensity is simply incredible and shouldn’t happen to anyone)… there is a sudden feeling of “scattering,” when they “cannot find themselves” for a long time, and that is almost worse than the pain of burning. The spirit, or soul, needs to know where their body is, because it makes some kind of difference in their ability to recognize themselves. This reduction to ash does not completely void the return of cellular memory, but it delays this process incredibly.

#41 – How about the practice of embalming? (The removal of the blood and the injection of chemicals, such as formaldehyde, to delay the natural decomposition of the body?)

We simply discourage anything of this sort from being done to the dead human body. This practice causes some people on this plane to smell like embalming fluid for a long time. This is very distressing to them and to those who must be near them. This has to do with the gradual transfer of these properties from their physical self to their non-physical self. This transfer is assisted and enabled by the decomposition of the body. The more natural, the better. There is no need for embalming. Do all that you can to avoid it. We are shocked to hear you describing these practices, because humans know about these dangers when they are in this state of being. But they cannot, naturally, remember these things, and so they develop such detrimental practices.

#42 – What about donating the eyes, heart, kidneys, organs, of someone who has died, to be transplanted into a living human who needs that to stay alive?

Yes! This is, not only approved, but encouraged! It is an unselfish act and goes very, very favorably toward the spiritual development of the person who has died, as well as the family which makes such decisions. The transfer from the cells to the departed consciousness can take place much more rapidly when such tissues are kept alive, and their “sense of place” is much stronger, though they do not stay near the new recipient’s body.

#43 – What about the donation of the whole, or part, of the body to medical science, which means that it must sometimes be preserved in formaldehyde? These uses might be for tissue study, in the case of a rare condition; for the dissection by medical students to learn anatomy; or the use of the skeleton for medical study and reference.

Yes! By all means! This is a very good thing and can add to knowledge and it is highly approved. The scent of embalming fluid does not cling to those whose bodies are preserved for this use. People whose bones have become re-strung skeletons, have an amazingly strong sense of “place,” and these bones are often treated with affection and jocularity by those who deal with them.

Maybe, in a future blog, I’ll dig up His comments on the new choice of indefinite body preservation. That of Plastination now being offered by Gunther von Hagens, who puts together the Body Worlds Exhibitions and has sign-up sheets for donating your own body. Judging by the above comments, can you possibly guess what the advice might be?

You’re quite right! No! Nada! Never! Very Bad Idea! Mostly because a plastinated body can last for what…? Thousands of years?  That’s a long time to wait for those cell memories…

Next week is a busy one for me. But, I shall return. Maybe you’d like to hear about some other stuff, rather than just death, death, death, all the time. How about birth? Our entry into this Plane of Existence? I thought so! Stay tuned.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,



Leave a Reply