BootsnAll Travel Network



Next Time A Giant Tries To Grab You, Try Seeing Its True Motive

Imagine this: You are forced to share a living environment with creatures who tower so high above you, that when you are both standing on the ground, your head is only as tall as the Giant’s toes…if that. You can’t even see the upper part of their body, let alone their face, to tell if it is kindly. You simply assume that it is not. In fact, you might not even believe that they are sentient beings. They could be walking trees for all you know. You try not to have anything to do with them because it is rumored that their children pull off your limbs for sport, or try to make you eat your rear end! Ugh! So uncivilized!

Okay, are you with me on this dimensional shift?

Good! Now, you be the Giant, as I was a few weeks ago when I wrote this journal entry:

“It’s a lovely morning, so I opened the back patio door and a dragonfly flew in. It is now flapping vainly against the sealed, front glass sliding doors. I have tried in vain to help him. First, by hoping to get the sliders open, but they are stuck shut. Next, by trying to capture him in soft felt cloth, but he evades me and there is furniture in front of the lower part, which he hides behind. So he, unknowingly… and because of panic… works against himself.

The analogy with life is too obvious to leave alone. How often has a human being sailed into some area where he didn’t belong? Into an environment where he cannot survive and which curtails his freedom and cuts him off from his own kind. A place where he bangs headlong into mirages, like solid glass, which appear easy to fly through. A place where fearful Giants live.

Even if the Giant is benevolent and comes at you with a great piece of felt cloth, hoping to catch and release you…such a poor little dragonfly… you will panic and cower and do anything to escape; battering yourself against the unyielding, invisible surface. You might well die in your hiding place, as my surprise guest did, when the Giant gives up the idea of rescue.

So often, we humans get ourselves into danger zones and die there, simply because we didn’t recognize help when it came.

Tags: , , , ,



Leave a Reply