BootsnAll Travel Network



InterGalactic Friendship Is A Rare And Precious Gift

If you have been following this blog for awhile, you have heard me mentioning that special kind of friendship which comes along only once in a blue moon and which the passage of time cannot corrode. I just had lunch today with Fawn, one of my favorite IGFs (InterGalactic Friends) and we got to discussing this whole subject. Since I’m beginning to share more of my Inner Life in my blogs, why not really detail this phenomenon since it’s very likely that others have had this happen and can’t understand the dynamics at work. Okay, so here goes: I’ll quote from random notes in a journal I have kept for almost ten years now.

An IGF is someone whom we have known in other realms of existence, before we entered an earth life. We come into this life, knowing that our paths may cross at some point on the planet, and surely we must wonder if we will ever be able to recognize each other again, even though all previous memory has been erased. Since we can pop up here in many different backgrounds, and ages, and economic groups, many of us apparently have nothing in common… except for some kind of ineffable pull towards one another; an instant deep trust, and a need to tell each other all sorts of things about our life. We, literally, DO “recognize” each other, but we don’t know why. This can be extremely confusing, especially if there is a sexual component.

Most of the IGFs that I have found have been women, thank God! We become as Total Best Friends. The few men that I have met with this quality are much more dangerous to my solo roaming of the planet, because I fall, instantly and completely, in love with them; and if time and circumstances allowed, I would be in bed with them in a trice. Things have only progressed to that point once, and it was everything that I expected it to be, though there was a forty-year age difference.

Characteristics of an InterGalactic Friend are clear and unmistakable and the more of them we meet, the more easy it is to recognize the phenomenon. The recognition has always been instantly mutual in my case and the reaction very similar. We begin to talk, very rapidly and almost simultaneously, and the point is to distill the story of our lives into just a few fleeting moments, before we sail away, out of each others lives forever. It’s like a process of Downloading/Uploading that begins the moment we meet and continues until we are forced to part.  And, if there is the luxury of time, it usually contains spiritual subjects and things that we wouldn’t dream of saying to anyone else, especially a perfect stranger. I find myself telling them, outright, that we are InterGalactic Friends, and I have never had one of them disagree with me. We both know exactly what we mean…and yet, we don’t, at all.

It has been so helpful to know that this Phenomenon actually exists and happens between people like a thunderclap. Until I understood it, I was spooked by it, or else felt like I had to rearrange my whole life in order to bottle and cling to this great and startling Gift. As if I could force the rainbow to stay in the sky or the rose to remain on the vine. Now, I just enjoy it and let it go; because in most cases, we are truly simply ships passing in the night, and that is as it should be. But, at least we did not fail the cosmic question: “Will we know each other if we should meet again in a new life?” That person’s memory, that name, that special human being, will always bring a smile to our face and warmth to our heart. Once experienced, it becomes the touchstone for all future relationships. I will never marry again, unless I meet a single, and therefore, eligible, IGF, so there’s no point in looking around for anything else.

And if, perchance, we live in the same location, as me and my lunch buddy do, we learn that a deep friendship forms and that we are always there for each other, even though we might not see one another very often, due to busy lives. This IGF-type of friendship never makes undue demands. An independent spirit is probably one of the chief characteristics of this category of the human species and so, we will bubble along buoyantly, in the cascading waters of life, never attempting to drown a fellow bubble. We love to flow awhile together, but cheerfully wave goodbye when waterfalls or rapids appear ahead to claim our concentration.

This is a magical, marvelous, glimpse into the friendships that must be common among spiritual beings on Higher Dimensions… hence, the InterGalactic name for them. I am always taken by surprise when it happens, and yet, am gradually becoming more in tune with this “Soul Velcro” that actually does exist between human beings.

Or is it between Archangels disguised as human beings?

Tags: , , , ,



Leave a Reply