BootsnAll Travel Network



Is Anybody Else Tired of All These Security Numbers?

Because of all this recent book publishing activity, I’ve been in touch with more online account opportunities than ever before.  I tell you!  Most of the time, I wind up feeling idiotic and imbecilic because I can’t get through their front door, even though I am perfectly qualified to do so.  It’s all due to the security numbers and passwords they require.  In no time, I have a variety of usernames, passwords, and security questions on record and I simply cannot keep them all straight, even if I cheat and write them down somewhere.  Well, if I didn’t jot them down, I wouldn’t remember even sixty seconds from the time of creating them, because, usually, they have gone through several versions before the system will accept it and therefore, I’ve written something that didn’t work and have to enter another try, represented only by bullets, so you’d better have written it before you typed it or you won’t even know the password that actually went through!   Grrrrr!

Can you guess that my whole morning has been spent simply trying to set up online banking on my existing accounts and to transfer funds into the escrow account of elance.com, who will hold it for the winning bidder on my cover design project?  And I still haven’t succeeded in this simple transaction!  It’s not these businesses faults.  They know what they are doing.  I am just getting lost and confused in the security mazes.  Okay, I finally got my online banking ability…….just so I could have a looksee into my account, which now will be a great convenience.  Elance is a totally separate transaction and I’m sure a very easy one.  But, I’ve had to ask for help on how to give them money. 

Gee Whiz!  Nowadays, the business world must be really full of this maze of earning your way into the page where you can actually accomplish the business at hand.  I’m so glad I’m retired and can do it only on a voluntary basis.  But, I always feel very amateur when I keep bashing into the maze walls.  I talk myself down with the following rationalizatons:  I’m a senior!  I didn’t grow up with ethinking.  I’m a Writer!  Too impatient for all this falderal.  I’m a Backpacker!  I like to live close to nature and the simpler things, like finding places to eat and places to sleep.  Who has time for this in an internet cafe?  Of course, I’m not on the road now, but that doesn’t make me any more business-like.  I’m just not paying by the hour to use the computer. 

I vote for a thumbprint reading device to be built into all the computers and then let that be our ID!  The present system is causing traffic jams!

Tags: , , , , ,



One Response to “Is Anybody Else Tired of All These Security Numbers?”

  1. bryan Says:

    Sorry but security is here to stay. It may be an inconvenience, but it is a must, with all the crazy people in the world, just get used to it.

    Bryan
    http://www.wilddownunder.com

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply