BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m Calmer Now…..

All that pickly little business stuff is behind me for the moment.  But, it will come again another day, in another form.  I sure wouldn’t make a good accountant.  What I like to do is write and travel, and write about travel and organize the business of both; but boring details quickly demolish my attention.   At the moment, everything is farmed out and on somebody else’s desk for their input.  My excellent copyeditor, Lynn Stratton keeps telling me that I’ll soon be on Oprah, bless her, as she proofs and tightens the manuscript; Deb Kunzie, of Garlic Dzign, my blogsite designer, is working away to build a great online presence, which will link with this one when it’s ready; and my new Argentinian team, the NetMen Corp., of Buenas Aires, will have the first cover designs ready for me to look at on Thursday.

So, all is in motion, priming itself to coalesce in a few weeks.  Then, we send the PDF files to the printer, Lightning Source, and within a few weeks, I’ll have the beautiful books in my hands.  These will be the preview copies which I will send out with my press releases, hoping for reviews and TV appearances, but I’ll sell them on my blogsite as well.  Since my publication date will be in October (to give all this publicity the lead time it needs), the book won’t be listed on Amazon.com until that time.  I don’t plan to go through the hassle of trying to get the books into bookstores ( a very complicated arrangement), so Amazon and my blog will be the two sources for sales.  It’s all pretty simple and direct.

So, this is the hurry-up-and-wait stage.  Don’t we all know about that in the scope of world travel?  Rushing for a departure time and then sitting for hours in the airport.  Pretty familiar.  All in all, this book will have taken a good year of regular work on its various parts, and between $1000 – $2000 to produce and promote.  That’s just to provide a ballpark idea if any of you are considering doing the same.  But, it shouldn’t be too hard to make both the book and the blog pay their startup costs, and then they could provide some travelin’ cash!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,



Leave a Reply