BootsnAll Travel Network



At Last, The Name of The Book About Psychic Vampires

I must apologize for the number of days between my posts.  Much of my time is now being taken up in typing a six-month supply of journals for later massaging into possible publication.  These include all notes on the South American travels and will determine whether anything interesting enough ocurred to warrant another book.  So, curiosity about my recent past is trumping my desire to share an uninteresting present.  Long typing hours mixed with errands to Walmart are not exactly the stuff of blogging, though I have unearthed a few nuggets which you will see in future posts.

That’s why the last four or five entries have been spent in working up to today’s revelation – the name of the book which has taught me about psychic vampirism.  Okay, here’s the skinny: as we used to say:

While I was still South America, my neighbor Walt, found a book discarded at the side of the trail where he was walking his dogs.  Probably alarmed by the occult-looking cover, He put this volume in the trashcan but later, mentioned it to my son who expressed an interest in reading it.  Upon my return, I spotted the book and decided to have a look at it.  Then, I passed it on to a neighbor who was sure that he knew several psychic vampires taking advantage of his energy supply and he wanted to learn how to protect himself from becoming drained down.

The name of this serendipitous book is The Psychic Vampire Codex: A Manual of Magick and Energy Work, by Michelle A. Belanger and it is available on Amazon.com.  I think it’s a good book and I recommend it, even though you might not be an energy vampire, for whom it is primarily written.  This book could broaden your understanding of the subject, as it did mine.  Prior to this reading, I had only these few impressions in my vampire bag:

1.  Just a few days before, I had decided against a free copy of a new Stephanie Meyer book of the popular Twilight series about what? vampire teenagers, or something.  I found it on the exchange rack at the Buenos Aires hostel and had a book to trade, but in the end, I just contributed my own book and decided against this very thick, heavy one to add to my backpack.  I use this example as an accurate picture of my vampire cult leanings.

2.  A few years ago, I traveled through Romania’s Transylvania and visited Bran Castle.  Why did Bram Stoker choose it to be Dracula’s Castle in his famous stories, I wondered?   It’s such a sunny, lacy, beautiful little castle that no self-respecting vampire could survive there, and I loved it for being the summer home of Queen Marie of Romania.  The only Dracula reference found in the small village of Bran was a souvenir coffee mug with his name on the side.  I didn’t buy it, but laughed to learn how ignored he is there at ground zero.

So, that’s how “into vampires” I am!  Not at all!

However, in leafing through the above book, after having gotten past the cultish-looking cover, I quickly saw that it had some real information for me.  The author’s definition of the term, psychic vampire, did ring some bells and caused some former mysteries to fall into place.  And, if that’s true for me, it could easily be true for you, as well.

I checked out the author’s website and was glad that I’d waited to do that until after I had finished the book.  She’s primarily writing for those who know that they are psychic vampires, as she is, and so that site is illustrated for the occult reader and will probably turn some people away.  She’s not pretending to be mainstream but she writes like a researcher and professional.   She is contributing to a little-known field and has become a nationally-recognized authority.  I notice two of her other books, about energy work and dreams are also available on Amazon.com.

We live in a time when it is possible to exchange information about the mysteries in a much freer way than ever before.  If someone has information to share, and especially, if it takes courage to do so, then I am very grateful to them for making it widely available.  Thank you, Michelle A. Belanger for your contributions to our understanding!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,



Leave a Reply