BootsnAll Travel Network



Victoria Fires

I don’t know if this has reached world news yet, or if it will, but if you have heard about the bushfires in the state of Victoria, Australia, I want you to know that yes, I am in Melbourne, where these fires are raging around, and that yes, I am OK.  I would say that I’m unaffected, but I am breathing in the polluted air that these fires are causing.  I haven’t seen actual blue sky in a few days.  I’m supposed to go on a roadtrip out of the area leaving on Monday.  It might not happen, as most of the roads around here are blocked from the fires, or whatever has been left by the fires.  I’ve been seeing lots of things here in Melbourne and I’ll update you soon.  I’m going to a music fest today, unless the government calls for civillian help.  I just thought I’d send a shout out in case you’ve heard of what’s going on here.



Tags:

3 responses to “Victoria Fires”

  1. David Toohey says:

    I’m an Australian living in a town in West Poland, and yes… it’s reached the news here (also the floods up North).

    It is devastating news to hear and my hopes go out to those amongst it.

  2. Kim says:

    OMG!!! How scary!!! Keep us posted…..

  3. Aunt Mary says:

    Hi Laura ~ I had no idea you were anywhere near the fires. How devastating. I am enjoying your posts and your Dad is keeping me posted also. Enjoy yourself and keep safe. Love Aunt Mary

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *