BootsnAll Travel Network



Comin’ into New Zealand (ees)

When we flew over New Zealand, I was taken aback by how green it was.  Australia is so dry, and Victoria has been in a drought for the last eight years (hence all the fires).  The lush jutting (as opposed to rolling) hills were goregous, but was a strange sight for me beacause it was all one shade of green!  No 40 shades here!  The sky was overcast and it looked like rain.  I checked in, no problems, and got a three month visa upon my arrival!  Ha!-take that Pacific Blue bitch!  I just need to figure out some kind of itinerary so I can change my flight.  All in good time, my pretty, all in good time. 

After feeling like I was going to fall over myself walking down some pretty steep hills (having a 30 lb pack on my back didn’t help either) I made it to my hostel.  I didn’t really have time to get acclimated, since I had plans to meet up with a friend from Australia for dinner and drinks.  Mathieu (sp?) and his friend Marion are from France and are leaving to roadtrip the north island for the next two weeks.  I am meeting up with Mathieu in Wellington and we are going to roadtrip the south island together.  So for the next two weeks, I am going to check out Auckland and the area north of here.  After the South Island, I will make my way back north to Auckland.  These are the plans for now:  lets see how much they change… 



Tags:

6 responses to “Comin’ into New Zealand (ees)”

  1. Eileen says:

    Your damn straight your not in chicago in winter, big snow storm on the way tonight… I am sorry I haven’t written in a while, I had to catch up on all your entries. I felt a little misty when I read how you felt about your journeys and how you just love being where you are.. I felt the same way looking out at the ocean, blue water, exotic fish, looking far to the southwest looking for my adventerous niece, wandering how far she really is? I hope you have a GREAT time in New Zealand, You will, as you get your barrings down. I guess you will miss St. Paddy’s Day (Yeah I know your cryin’) Party on!!!We will keep an eye on your Dad!Ha Ha I’d rather be where it is hot. Uncle Phil wants to sell everything and move to Hawaii, I’m thinkin’….Talk ta ya soon.. Aunt Eileen

  2. Emily says:

    We have lots of snow today. I’d love to see green and warmth! Enjoy and I miss you! It was good to talk to you the other day.

  3. lauracat says:

    Move to Hawaii! Maybe I’d actually travel to a part of the States then! And you know as well as I do there’s an Irish pub in every town, so I won’t be missing any St. Paddy’s Day festivities–I just have to make sure I’m in a city for that and not out in the mountains!

    Enjoy your snow! muah hah hah hah ha…

  4. ryan d says:

    “take that pacific bluu bitch” “all in good time my pretty, yes, all in good time” halarious

  5. Aunt Kris says:

    So, you like Arlo, too!

  6. Aunt Kris says:

    When people argue where you are visiting is that called a Beef in Wellington? Just asking.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *