BootsnAll Travel Network



Update:

I have had internet rarely, hence my lack of communication and postings.  I have continued to write, however, so I am posting a few at once.  I have found a peace here in the simplicity of things.  It’s quiet and warm, lush and green.  I have planned a few trips to travel up north this month and have been able to travel and see sights around here—a few temples, the suburbs to visit my friend’s grandmother. My classes are going well.  Some are better then others and it is very frustrating at times, but I think the good balances out the bad.  I have even started teaching the teachers, which helps with communication in the office.  They say my class is funny and they are learning (which is a good sign I thinkJ).  I still miss home, but I think the culture shock has worn off finally, so I am optimistic about things.  Many wishes went on my Krathong (read in next posting) for my family friends at home…know that I am constantly thinking about you.



Tags:

2 responses to “Update:”

  1. uncle pete says:

    i read all your recent additions and left comments. it’s quite encouraging for us all to hear that you’ve become more ‘at one’ with your surroundings and have made so many friends. the sights, sounds, places and people you meet will stay with you for a lifetime. reservations you may have had at first to taking this gig have since been alayed, i suspect.
    we look forward to your return and are always with you in spirit.
    uncle pete

  2. mom says:

    Hi, Kimmie,
    We finally get some news and more pictures! I hope you’re able to connect better in the future, but hey, we’ve got “anticipayayayayation!”
    The festival looked lovely-I think I can predict what you wished for!
    You seem to be adjusting, making friends, experiencing customs, and making unforgettable memories…keep it up!
    Looking forward to your next entry and, as always, thinking about you!
    Much love, mom

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *