BootsnAll Travel Network



The Day That Was Day #5

Today we had nothing planned. The weather, for the first time, was horrible — rainy and gloomy all day long. Hopes were still high that we’d find a flight to Cairo for 3 days. We went to more travel agencies and found nothing. I was really, really bummed. I feel like I am always able to find solutions to problems but I can’t find any solution for what to do with our extra days. I am kicking myself for skipping Pamukkale.

When it became clear we would not be leaving Istanbul today, we checked out of the Side Hostel and called up our old pal Mehmet and booked a room there at the Apricot that night. On the phone, Jim tried to make it sound like we’d just gotten back into town so Mehmet wouldn’t know we “cheated on him” and stayed somewhere else. When we arrived at the hotel with our bags, Jim accidentally let it slip that we saw the outdoor concert last night and Mehmet was like, “Oh, you were in Istanbul last night??” And we lamely lied that we stayed in Beyoglu. I don’t like lying to Mehmet!!

I mentioned that Jim had a cold and Mehmet immediately asked us if we wanted some special tea. Jim said Yes but I said No thanks, but Mehmet said I HAD to drink it so I didn’t get sick too. He disappeared for a few minutes then came back with a tray with cups of nice mint-lemon tea and sugar cubes. Then he asked Jim if he wanted some lentil soup, and disappeared again and returned with a tray with 2 bowls of soup and a basket of bread. Do you see why we love this guy?! (Again, we aren’t the only ones.) Jim mumbled to Mehmet, who was across the room, “Thanks mom.” “You’re welcome, son” he replied. Ha! He told us that his boss is on vacation and that’s why he’s been working nonstop. Apparently he worked a 72 hour shift last week without a break, just occasionally catching a few minutes nap on the couch. Wow. He also complained about Turkish women and said maybe he’ll marry a Greek girl instead. According to him, all Turkish girls think they are god’s gift even when they are not. But I digress.

Afterwards, we took a cab to the Kariye Museum and got totally ripped off on the fare. We got to the museum, which consists of mosaics inside a small church. I didn’t realize it would be so small and we were done in like 10 minutes.

The plan was then to eat at Asitane, which is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in Istabul… but we weren’t hungry. Well, it was pouring rain so we didn’t feel like walking around so we went and ate anyway. We got an interesting almond soup with a few pomegranite seeds in it. A round pasty with olives and other stuff inside, the usual stuffed grape leaves but with cherries inside, and the main dish of carrot stew with meatballs, lamb, and cinnamon in like a tortilla shell. It was good!

We caught a cab back to Sultanahmet; it was still raining miserably. We spent a long time at the internet cafe still trying to find what we’ll do the next 3 days. Finally we stumbled upon a decent airfare to Amsterdam and remembered our friend Dan lives in Rotterdam, only an hour from Amsterdam. (We hung out with Dan in Brisbane a few years ago.) We bought the tickets and we leave VERY early tomorrow!

I couldn’t believe we were actually going. I have never had a burning desire to go to Amsterdam. Jim was there before a couple years ago.

We chilled for a while and then went to the roof to play some Rummy and get tea for Jim, but it was all closed down. We came down the stairs and mentioned to Mehmet that we were gonna play cards and he asked if we play Texas Hold Em. So we spent the next hour playing poker with him and some guy from California. We betted with toothpicks. It was fun. This is what I miss, some interaction with other people!! Mehmet kept folding his hands and I was like, “but they are only toothpicks!” and then I would catch him chewing on them. He lost all his toothpicks early and went back to the desk to answer emails.

After that we finished packing and went to bed early because our flight it at 5:25 tomorrow AM!!!!



Tags: ,

13 responses to “The Day That Was Day #5”

  1. Henrymew says:

    chat gay peru nude cam clips sister cameltoe

  2. Henrymew says:

    black girl cams nountagswinusi.tk gay teen chatroom date gay

  3. IssacOximi says:

    xem phim sex online chat luong cao stanylacdia.tk cam hot teen girl.

  4. IssacOximi says:

    troubled teen boot camps asfimelmarop.tk gay cyber chat rooms.

  5. NathanIromy says:

    free webcam girls hotcamgirls1 girls locker room hidden cam.

  6. NathanIromy says:

    web cam sites top 10 webcam sites teenage webcam sites.

  7. NathanIromy says:

    spy cam sex videos indian webcam sex free webcam sex chat.

  8. NathanIromy says:

    live cam sex video free webcam sex online webcam sex.

  9. NathanIromy says:

    top free cam sites best shemale cam sites shemale cam sites.

  10. NathanIromy says:

    cam sites free free sex cam sites social cam sites.

  11. NathanIromy says:

    model porn hotcamgirls1 black cam girls.

  12. NathanIromy says:

    free webcam sex bestonlinesexcams1 korean sex cam.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *