BootsnAll Travel Network



T minus 4 days

I have made my list of what I need to bring to Turkey and I’m now searching for all these items. I find it to be kind of theurapeutic, sort of like cutting coupons or vacuuming.

I have an old blue tote bag that is my “travel bag” and for the majority of the year it sits in my closet unused. It is full of sample sizes of shampoo, lotion, conditioner, toothpaste, mouthwash. It has my bag of plugs from all over the world. It has my neck pillows, eye shades, ear plugs, tissues, ugly plastic travel watch, locks, first aid kit, and the ubiquitous travel belt. Basically every single little thing you could ever possibly want while traveling.

I am getting the backpacker urges again, just like I did last year before Spain. Every day I am just a normal chick, going to work, coming home, eating and sleeping. But now I am a traveler, and I have to make my own way across a foreign country without any help at all (well, I guess Jim is a bit of a help). Now of course, caveat, it’s not like I am camping in the middle of the Amazon or something… I am still on the tourist trail of Turkey. But it’s still a challenge and independence that I love, that we have to figure everything out in this place by ourselves. Love it.

I am starting to get excited. As always, it doesn’t seem like it is really going to happen. It never does. The first time it seems a little real is when I finish packing. The next time it seems a little real is when I arrive at the airport, and when I board the plane, and the BIGGEST time is seems real to me is when the plane starts to descend and the captain announces it and I can see the ground below where we will soon be landing. And touch-down is pretty exciting too. Oh man, I can’t even believe I am going to be in freaking Istanbul a week from today. I think I have no idea what to expect and no idea how awesome it is going to be.

1 day prior – Jim let me shave his head. He’s never had a shaved head before. It was awesome.
Shaved head
Tagged



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *