BootsnAll Travel Network



New Zealand – Final Tally

Click here to see a map of my route in the North Island.

Here is my route in the South Island.

BEST: The drive from Te Anau to Milford Sound, and the cruise there. Driving in the south island in general!
Also, the sale at Kathmandu!
Also, the fight over the TV at the hostel in Christchurch.

WORST: Driving in Whangarei…ugh, all-day traffic jams in a tiny town are just unecessary.

Also, that it was sometimes too cloudy and rainy and too cold for swimming, the beaches, dolphin swimming and caving.

What I’ll Miss the Most: Obviously, the beauty. But the feeling of New Zealand was of crisp air and friendly people. It was nice.

Overrated: The Bay of Islands speed boat cruise thingy in Paihia. Well, it sucked after seeing all of the south island.

Underrated: Maybe Dunedin and Te Anau. Dunedin was a fun little town and Te Anau was tiny but beautiful and had enough shops and stuff to survive.

Cost: Much cheaper than Australia, we thought, but a lot of people disagree.

Food: Great steak, lamb, and seafood. And meat pies.

Overall tip: Get around by renting a car!

Best quote by Jim: “I need one of those socks for my head.”
When we were gearing up for the caving trip in Waitomo, the guide gave all the girls balaclavas for their heads so their hair wouldn’t get caught in anything. Clearly Jim wasn’t listening.



Tags:

Comments are closed.