BootsnAll Travel Network



Floating over Cappadocia & More Caves

View from the hot air balloon

Today our goal was to take our hot air balloon ride and then visit the Göreme Open Air Museum. Then we are done with Cappadocia. We are having a hard time figuring out how to get out of here. There is a flight from here (Kayseri) to Izmir (near Selcuk, where we are going next) but it is pricey and either super early or super late. Another tricky aspect is that we are an hour from the airport and need a ride there as well. We do NOT want to take a 16 hour bus. We struggled with the decision and finally had our hotel book us the flight. Tomorrow we leave early for Izmir.

Anyway. Today we woke up at 5:45am and got picked up for our hot air balloon ride. It was sooo cold outside! We were taken to a place packed with about 70 other people who were taking the balloons. They coralled us into buses, and finally crammed us into balloons – the only bad part was we were so packed in that there was always one of us who couldn’t really see. The ride was very nice. And I hate to say it, but a little boring. After we landed they gave us a glass of champagne then the worker guys were picking people up and carrying them over their shoulder and throwing them onto the big, bunched up pile of the balloon. It was funny; two of the guys came over to these unsuspecting Asian girls and took their bags from them and handed them to me, then hoisted the girls over their shoulders, ran to the balloon, and threw them on it. Everyone was laughing and it was funny. As we drove away, all the guys were smiling and waving. Jim said, “they are just happy people, aren’t they!?” I love it.

View from the balloon

View from the balloon.

After that we sat at the hotel and talked to some Aussies and a Mexican guy. The Aussies has been traveling since February and were going to Egypt, India, England and more next. I am so jealous. Ughh…..backpacker pangs…..

By then it was fully beautiful outside again, like 73 degrees maybe, and Jim and I left for the Göreme Open Air Museum. We walked 1km there and somehow, we missed the crowds and often had whole rooms to ourselves. We heard people say the day before it was so crowded that it wasn’t even fun. The museum is a huge area of these rock formations with rooms and chapels carved into them, especially one beautiful one called The Dark Chapel (I think) which had colorful mosaics painted all over the vaulted interior from the 11th century or something. All out of rock!!

Jim in the Dark Chapel

Outdoor museum

We spent a while there and it was fun to climb around. We left and crossed the road to more rock formations and did our own climbing and exploration.

Sign outside museum

It was fun. You could some old paintings still in the cave rooms. And we totally could have slipped and fallen off a cliff and died. The view was amazing. I am going to have so many incredible pictures.

We came back to town and ate a late lunch that was not very good.

I think I will take a nap now and we will go out later. Next time I will be in Selcuk to see the ancient ruins of Ephesus.

I love it here!!



Tags:

4 responses to “Floating over Cappadocia & More Caves”

  1. CameronSnota says:

    sexy ebony webcam asfimelmarop.tk camara xxx.

  2. CameronSnota says:

    panties pre teen webcam [url=https://reistanconba.tk]live cam chat sex [/url] voyeur hidden cameras.

  3. CameronSnota says:

    girl naked on camera [url=https://tiosfixtite.tk]tiosfixtite.tk[/url] amateur video chat.

  4. CameronSnota says:

    hidden cam porn clips [url=https://coccatamete.ml]webcam nude striptease [/url] are teen chating rooms.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *