BootsnAll Travel Network



Feed a Traveler

Hi everyone,

I’m about to do something really annoying, but I also thought it would be fun. I’m adding a Donation button so if you have tons of extra cash just sitting around (I know you do) and you spend hours each day reading my blog (I know you do!) you can just click and send me a few bucks. You have to have a PayPal account though. Here is a sample of what your generous donation might fund:

$1.50 – A delicious, mouthwatering chocolate bar. (Yes, they cost that much!)
$3.00 – A greasy and artery-clogging Aussie meat pie to fill my belly for lunch
$4.00 – One hour internet
$5.00 – Wash and dry my stinky clothes so I don’t look homeless
$12.00 – The first bottle of wine
$6.00 – The second bottle of wine
$10.00 – Random museum/gallery/park/zoo entry fee
$18.00 – I really need a haircut
$19.00 – A new swimsuit since my old one had mildew
$20.00 – One night in a dorm bed in a hostel shared with like 10 people
$25.00 – New Zealand guidebook
$28.00 – The wine tour of the Hunter Valley (hiccup)
$40.00 – A pair of shoes and shirt to wear so I can set foot outside the hostel without wearing a dirty t-shirt and grimy sports sandals
$80.00 – Hiking boots for New Zealand
$100.00 – A trip to the largest sand island in the world, Fraser Island
$200 – My bus trip from Sydney all the way to Cairns
$1,000 – All of Thailand. For both of us. Ha.
$10,000 – Another trip around the world!
$100,000 – Enough to start my own hostel.
$10,000,000 – A small island country.

If anyone DOES send me any money (which I obviously don’t expect) I will send you a postcard (granted you send MORE than the cost of a postcard… about $2) and you can ask me for other stuff if you want. (Vegemite anyone? I forgot to mention I tried some on toast at our friend’s house. It was super salty and had a NASTY aftertaste!)

Anyway, don’t think I’m a butthead for doing this, I just thought it would be fun. I don’t expect anything! I just love reading any comments. That makes my day.

Did I mention I saw a koala in the wild today? Jim spotted it right outside the national park in Noosa. He was WAY up high in the trees!
koala.jpg
Thank goodness Jim’s camera is super awesome because I was able to zoom in on the picture. *We* couldn’t even see the koala as well as this picture shows!



Tags:

4 responses to “Feed a Traveler”

  1. Jim's Family says:

    We hope this is a big joke and are making up for missing April Fool’s Day. Anyway we hope you guys are having the time of your life. Miss you and love you. See you soon.

  2. don says:

    See, if you wanted some really good comments, you shouldn’t have added the qualifier at the end. Then readers could have imagined you as a self-absorbed world traveller unable to see the poverty that has allowed staying in Thailand for $1.00 a night, or something. As it is, however, we can only imagine that you are collecting imagry for the book you are going to write when you get back.

  3. don says:

    I was out with my buddy for a beer tonight, and he told me about a Scottish woman he gave ski lessons to the winter before last. She was in the last leg of a six-month around-the-world tour with her 10 and 12 year old children. She had travelled through Thailand on her trip. She was so touched by a blind child in Thailand, that she established a charity for them when she got back home. She has done great good, and was named “Woman of the Year” in Scotland.

  4. Kelly says:

    Sheesh, you guys are too sensitive! Yeah, Thailand is cheap, but what does that have to do with my finances? It was just for fun. :p For your info, I have collected $55 in donations already from people I didn’t even know read my blog. I bet you didn’t know how popular I was.

    Just kidding.