BootsnAll Travel Network



Update Lost

CURRENT LOCATION: Singapore

I’m not sure what happened but the last update I left isn’t on here. Ok, I probably screwed up and didn’t save it properly. I am in Singapore right now with Shawn and will probably be heading back to Malaysia tomorrow if I can get a bus out.

I spent a full week in Kuala Lumpur doing the normal backpacking thing. I spent a few too many nights out with other travelers and met some really cool people. It is still Chinese New Year as it lasts several days. On Saturday night we went out to a drum and bass show to see some local talent. It was a lot of fun and I danced the entire night. I haven’t done that in awhile so it was quite in experience. I got to meet some local friends of Shawn and everyone was really cool.

As soon as we arrived there were 2 girls sitting near the bar that we approached and they turned out to be French. When we told them where we were from America they said, and I quote, “nobody is perfect”. After a few heated arguments about how screwed my country is and how awesome their country is we ended up putting it aside for good dance and good drinks. Amazing how that works?

Yesterday we went to a huge music festival in a park in downtown Singapore. Good Vibrations. It was a mix of funk, soul, hip-hop and electro. The Beastie Boys and Jurassic 5 were the headliners. The Beastie Boys were kind of disappointed but Jurassic 5 was interesting. We spent a lot of time in the back tent with drum and bass, house, and techno being played. After about 10 hours of partying and dancing again we headed back home.

Now I’m just taking a day to relax and recover before I head back into Malaysia. I need to find a nice island to unwind a bit. There is one on the east coast of the Malay peninsula that is supposed to be absolutely incredible and ranked as one of the top 5 islands in the world; however, it is still the shoulder season for monsoons and I have been told to stay away for a few more weeks. I may head up the west coast to the Thai border and go to Langkawi, another island that has been recommended.

For now, I just wanted to update to let everyone know I’m still alive.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *