BootsnAll Travel Network



Songkran – Thai New Year

So my days in Pattaya are over. With the end of Songkran also comes my return to Bangkok to start putting serious consideration into the final portion of my trip. I don’t know if I will make it the full 6 months. Maybe a change of pace will make the difference. I have, for the better part of 2 months, been basically relaxing.

My week in Pattaya was very nice. Lots of things to do and interesting people to hang out with. Mark a co-worker from my previous job was visiting with his wife to see his son-in-law’s newborn child. We went out for drinks Friday and Saturday night at a local English pub to watch premiership soccer. It was quite a surreal location to see someone from home at but it was a good time with good conversation.

The rest of my time in Pattaya was spent hanging out with the hotel staff drinking tequila and playing board games. Pattaya is supposed to be a beach town but it rained almost every day so I was limited to the amount of sun I got. At the end of the week Songkran festival began in Pattaya and I purchased my water gun and hit the town. I didn’t take my camera out too much because you can get wet literally anywhere. Mostly children, farang, and bar girls partake in the festival but anyone is fair game to splash. I had a tiny water gun so my attempts were rendered useless. Several groups of teenagers and kids would ride around in the back of pick up trucks and dump buckets of water on unsuspecting pedestrians. I got hit with a few buckets while riding a pick up taxi. It is all in good fun although some people do get out of hand. I put on my bathing suit and tshirt and expected the worst. I am glad I stayed in Pattaya for the festival because it was a really laid back event. I got to Bangkok on Sunday and the fun just wasn’t the same.

Happy New Year!!!

Everyone fully loaded

Not a good day to ride a motorbike



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Songkran – Thai New Year”

  1. marie says:

    awwww i miss both u guys!!! im glad u saw him!

  2. Mary says:

    So glad you guys got to hook up. Mark told me he was going to try to meet up with you. Hope you had a good visit and would you COME HOME already!! We miss you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *