BootsnAll Travel Network



Beer & Pizza Review #5

I’m back with another beer and pizza review.

BEER: THAILAND

Lots of choices here in Thailand so I will stick with the main ones. Heineken is the largest import. You can get Stella Artois, Budweiser, Corona and other imports just about anywhere.

Chang: The cheapest and most widespread beer in Thailand and easily the worst. It is the beer with the highest alcohol content in Thailand. They even coined the term for the day after a binge of Chang Beer… a Changover. If you have very little money and you are concerned about beer costs, this is your beer.

Singha: My beer of choice, aside from Heineken, while in Thailand. It has a sweet flavor which gives it a little more taste then all the others and isn’t as heavy as Heineken. They serve Singha Light which is the only light beer I have been able to find while traveling.

Leo: I only tried Leo once and it was rather warm so I can’t give a fair judgment other than that I don’t see too many people drinking it. It is another locally brewed beer.

PIZZA: THAILAND

I finally hit a country that actually knows how to do pizza at least close to home.

In Chiang Mai it was a guest house named “Same Same” inside the old city walls with a small pizza vendor that served 10″ pies just the way I like them, thin and with good bread. Also in Chiang Mai outside a night club was the first “pizza-by-the-slice” vendor so I grabbed one of those and it was a nice change from the personal pies that you usually get.

In Pattaya at the Royal Garden Plaza there is a food court on the top level that also had excellent pizza-by-the-slice. Parmesan cheese had been rare up till this point but luckily they had both cheese and crushed red pepper. Finally!

I actually haven’t had any non-chain pizza in Bangkok so I have no review of pizza here but if I do before I leave I will update.



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *